Question

Phone Details held by T-Mobile?

• 27 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Wife and I have (2020) Moto G’s on Magenta 55+. Bought wife the latest (2023) Moto G for Christmas, swapped SIM and it is working fine. 

Problem is my T-Mobile Account details have NOT changed IMEI on her phone details and I cannot find how to update them in my Account on the Site?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Where did you purchase the phone?

Badge

From Motorola it’s unlocked

Badge

Only way to “update” my Account info, appears to be by buying a new SIM (Number)? Then cancelling/deleting the old phone. :(

Both of our Moto G’s were BYOD and I just purchased the SIMs and set up the Essentials +55 Account.

My phone is displayed as a BYOD Android, hers was originally recognized and displayed as a Moto G Power. They have both worked fine foe 3 years plus…

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

BYOD devices won't show the imei and model of the phone in your MyTmobile account. I have a Pixel 8 bought from Google and it shows as a 5g BYOD android phone in my profile.

Badge

Yes, as I stated my current 2020 Moto G Power is recognised as a BYOD Android. Where as my wifes which was purchased at the same time and is identical (less IMEi) was recognised as a Moto G Pure! 😏

This new one is the 2023 5G Moto G Power. I’ll wait a few days to see if the online details change?

A thought I just had was that the old 2020 Phone has STILL been online (Wifi only), so that may be why the new phone and original SIM are not being recognised, even tho it is receiving messages/calls etc. 

Badge

I thought the IMEI 15 digits, included Manufactorer/Model/Ser.No details?