Solved

Admin password from gateway not working with app

Badge

I’ve already reset the gateway password to default. I can not sign in with the app from my phone. Is there a solution to this issue. 

icon

Best answer by nc1037 7 May 2024, 15:19

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I am having the same problem.  I cannot “manage” my network from the T Life app, or the T-Mobile Internet app.  Wi-Fi and internet are working normally.  The other parts of T Life seem to be OK.

Let’s hope this is a temporary issue and it will be resolved in a day or so. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried the T Life app?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@gramps28 Neither is working for me at this time.  TMI is just a spinning wheel.  T Life asks me to join my network (which I am already connected to) then asks for the admin password.  I enter the password, tap Login, and nothing happens.  I assume that is where OP is stuck, also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Looks like I posted this just after your post. I saw another post that maybe you can help with.

https://community.t-mobile.com/gateways-and-devices-37/t-life-app-doesn-t-show-signal-strength-57273

@gramps28 Neither is working for me at this time.  TMI is just a spinning wheel.  T Life asks me to join my network (which I am already connected to) then asks for the admin password.  I enter the password, tap Login, and nothing happens.  I assume that is where OP is stuck, also.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Ha! I wanted to help, so I opened T Life, then discovered I can’t do a thing with my network at this time. I just checked the Apple App Store, and there are many one-star reviews in the last week.  Mine was updated on May 1.  I guess the last time I checked it was last Tuesday (April 30).  

I will reboot my gateway when I go to bed.  I’ll report back here in the morning.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I restarted my gateway last night.  I also restarted my iPhone.  This morning, everything is working as it should.  T Life did not ask me for my admin password.

To anyone not able to reset their Admin password on the tmobile apps, I was having the same issue for dayyyss. I tried literally everything and I finally figured it out just before I sent the Gateway from hell back 😤. Follow these steps and you should be good to go. 1. Uninstall Tmobile Life app from your phone. 2. If you still have the Tmobile home internet app uninstall that aswell. 3. Restart your cellphone. 4. Re download Tmobile Life ONLY! 5. Run the app when finished. You will see those horrendous words once again "Enter Admin password" which you will do and it will deny you one final time. 6. Click forgot password. Then it brings you to the submit new password screen. Enter your new password. Re Enter it again and voila. Password has been accepted and you can finally stop pulling your hair out! Hope this helps some of you!

Edit: I think the problem was either with the 2 apps conflicting with one another or the app isn't coded right in the area of entering your admin password. It may be getting confused and if it doesn't know what to do it will fall to a safety measure. "DENY" - "incorrect password"

Badge

6/8/2024

Rbeers offers a “solution” to the T-Life app gateway password problem that is not acceptable to me.

The problem is with the T-Life programmers (like so many other corporate IT people) who are too lazy and incompetent to fix their problem so they expect the “community” to do their work for them.

I am not changing my gateway password due to the fact that I have a number of devices that use the T-Mobile wireless gateway along with local network users.

The old T-Mobile Internet app is separate from the T-Life app and has no bearing on the gateway password problem. 

The T-Life app is the problem and IT support needs to fix it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@OldWin7ProUser this discussion was about an issue with the app not allowing entry of the admin password. I think @Rbeers was suggesting resetting that password.  In my case, just waiting a few hours and restarting the gateway took care of what seemed to be a temporary issue.   In any case, changing the password for the SSID was not required.

if you leave a helpful critique of the app in the App Store or Google Play Store, the developers should see it and reply.   

Badge

Follow-up . . .

The logic path after selecting “Connect” from the T-Life app is the choice for “My Gateway is already setup.

The app asks for the Admin password (not the WiFi password) without explaining how to locate the Admin password which is stamped on the bottom label of the wireless gateway modem. The format of the Admin password is XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX. That is what has to be entered in the password field on the T-Life app.

You would think the T-Mobile IT people would be smart enough to know T-Mobile WIFI customers who have the gateway already set up forget about the Admin password or even where it can be found.

The T-Life app simply needs to add the text (“Admin password is found on the bottom label of the gateway device”) so existing gateway customers can make a smooth transition from the T-Mobile Internet app to the T-Life app.

Once again, the T-Mobile Community has to troubleshoot simple problems the T-Mobile IT “professionals” can’t do for themselves because they are too lazy to do it!

Me too I guess.

The Tlife app, when started, simply asks for my password.  The password does not work. Everything is fine on my PC via the T Mobile website.  The old app works just fine.

Any suggestions?

Follow-up . . .

The logic path after selecting “Connect” from the T-Life app is the choice for “My Gateway is already setup.

The app asks for the Admin password (not the WiFi password) without explaining how to locate the Admin password which is stamped on the bottom label of the wireless gateway modem. The format of the Admin password is XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX. That is what has to be entered in the password field on the T-Life app.

You would think the T-Mobile IT people would be smart enough to know T-Mobile WIFI customers who have the gateway already set up forget about the Admin password or even where it can be found.

The T-Life app simply needs to add the text (“Admin password is found on the bottom label of the gateway device”) so existing gateway customers can make a smooth transition from the T-Mobile Internet app to the T-Life app.

Once again, the T-Mobile Community has to troubleshoot simple problems the T-Mobile IT “professionals” can’t do for themselves because they are too lazy to do it!