Question

Can I Connect Gateway To eero 6+ Router?

• 19 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

If I get T-Mobile internet, can I connect their gateway to an eero 6+ router?  If so, is there any trick to that?

2 replies

Yes. I first changed the SSID (network name) of the T-Mobile WiFi network to make sure it is different than the one set on the Eero. You can’t delete or disable the T-Mobile WiFi network, don’t connect to this network. I did “hide” it and set to be 5GHz so it does not compete with the 2.4GHz on the Eero. I then just used the Ethernet cable to connect the Eero directly to the back of the T-Mobile gateway and then finished configuration of it works fine. Didn’t need to do anything else, just works.

I was using the T-Mobile gateway WiFi, but found it to be not very reliable, disconnects and then have to forget and rejoin the network, much more stable after going with the Eero.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks for your reply.  I ended up simply plugging one eero 6+ pod into the T-Mobile gateway.  That’s it.  I did nothing else and everything worked after a very short time.  I had the other pod downstairs and that continued to work, just like it did before I switched from Cox to T-Mobile.