Home internet

• 28 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

When will I get Arcadyan TMOG4AR ?

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Davey7478 according to the following article, it appears the new gateway will probably only be available online initially. It looks like a release date of 8/29. The real question will be; will I need t pay for the new gateway or will TM let me bring in my old gateway and exchange it for the new one?

https://tmo.report/2023/08/its-here-the-new-t-mobile-home-internet-gateway/

Thoughts? 

I've called 1800TMOBILE and my local store, as of 10:30 ET they can't see the new gateway. So still waiting, I'm going to call later on. I will give an update later. 

I've called 1800TMOBILE and my local store, as of 10:30 ET they can't see the new gateway. So still waiting, I'm going to call later on. I will give an update later. 

Were you able to get any info from T-Mobile about the gateway. I had called 3 times but the customer support seems they didn’t know or acting they don’t know anything.

So I was able to get info from them. They only have a limited amount of new gateways, and we can't just order them. They said to go to a store and try to get one. But also said not all stores will have them right away. As far as the external antenna, it won't be launched for another six weeks. There is also going to be a extra charge for the antenna, but didn't say how much. 

This is it for me with T-Mobile internet, I spent the last 4 hours trying to get the new device so i can hook external antenna because of my home surrounded with trees. All the stores either they don’t have them or can’t do the swap because I am an existing customer. Same for the customer service, and I’ve been a customer with T-Mobile for 15 years. I end up cancelling the services and stating new services with Verizon my neighbors have the services and they were happy with the signal and speed top 500mp 

So I was able to get info from them. They only have a limited amount of new gateways, and we can't just order them. They said to go to a store and try to get one. But also said not all stores will have them right away. As far as the external antenna, it won't be launched for another six weeks. There is also going to be a extra charge for the antenna, but didn't say how much. 

When my TMHI silver trash can crapped out, I called CS and they did a warranty exchange. I asked if I could just go to the local TMO store and exchange for the replacement and not wait on shipment of the exchange. When I arrived at the local TMO store, the TMO reps said they didn’t have the silver, round gateway in-stock and they were only allowed to exchange for ‘like kind’. I explained this was a warranty exchange but they still refused. I called TMO CS and as I was speaking to the person, she asked to speak to the store manager. As they discussed the exchange, the manager insisted they could only do a ‘for like kind’ exchange. They arrived at a solution: Sign me up as a new customer. A big headache and time consuming, but I did get the Sagemcom gateway which is much, much better than the silver cylinder gateway.

This is it for me with T-Mobile internet, I spent the last 4 hours trying to get the new device so i can hook external antenna because of my home surrounded with trees. All the stores either they don’t have them or can’t do the swap because I am an existing customer. Same for the customer service, and I’ve been a customer with T-Mobile for 15 years. I end up cancelling the services and stating new services with Verizon my neighbors have the services and they were happy with the signal and speed top 500mp 

Sometimes that is the only solution. Start service with another provider for the same or better speeds.

Corporate policy at work 😞