Question

Printer

• 19 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

How do I add a printer MAC address to the list of permitted devices for the wireless router? 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I don’t think you can use a mac address, if the printer can get a IP using DHCP then you  can set up your printer using the IP If not then, if you can set a IP on the printer ans set it up.That should work but you will need to make sure the IP you pick is not in uses

Badge

Printer was working prior to connecting with Tmobile internet, (we previously had Century Link). After printing a test page, it states that “MAC address filtering may be enabled  on your wireless router which can prevent your HP printer from connecting to your wireless network”….

SOLUTION: If MAC address filtering is enabled and you would like to keep it enabled, you must add the MAC address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless router”

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I am guessing you have the newer KVD21 gateway, I have the older Nokia Gateway, but that really doesn't matter I don’t see anyway to edit the Mac address. Do you see the printer on the network list on the phone app? 1) Things you could try are to power the printer off and on. 2) Hook the printer up with a Ethernet cable and see if it works, if you can see the IP with the app or printer wright that down then remove the cable and use that IP for the WiFi setting on the printer 3) Give TMHI group a call.