Solved

Hawaii

• 6 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I am travelling to Hawaii soon.  Do I need to do anything to avoid international charges?

icon

Best answer by TravelDude 6 September 2023, 16:54

View original

7 replies

I am travelling to Hawaii soon.  Do I need to do anything to avoid international charges?

Hawaii shouldn’t be considered international since its part of the US

Badge

@Hoova0797...I would assume that as well HOWEVER the clerk at the T-Mobile store said that if you didn’t register, international rates apply.  Hence the confusion.

Badge

T-Mobile has responded that there will be no international charges while working in Hawaii.

@Hoova0797...I would assume that as well HOWEVER the clerk at the T-Mobile store said that if you didn’t register, international rates apply.  Hence the confusion.

The clerk probably doesn’t know Hawaii is part of the US…..lots of idiots out there

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

You fine on the major islands. No roaming or international charges. May be charged if you use Cruise Ships networks and IS often expensive. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

The clerk probably doesn’t know Hawaii is part of the US…..lots of idiots out there

It's complicated. Hawaiians would argue and I honestly agree with them if you know Hawaiian history.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’d expect that from 611, as they aren’t US based anymore, but not from an actual T-Mobile store in the US.

I’ve used T-Mobile in Hawaii in the past (4 islands) no issues or roaming.  Some areas of Kauai weren’t all that great, especially the airport.  That was back when T-MObile had deployed B12 LTE.