Question

I don’t have data in Mexico

• 28 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am in Mexico right now and my data is not working. Every time I come here, I get 5G high speed data and then unlimited low speed data, every month, for 3 months. I always get a “Welcome to Mexico” text when I land. However, this last trip I have not gotten a “Welcome to Mexico” text and I have been here for 2 months already. My phone has said no service since I have been here and I haven’t had any data! I have a Magenta plan and I know this is supposed to be included. I am extremely frustrated and confused!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is data roaming turned on in your devices settings?  Has your device potentially had roaming disabled due to excessive use off of the T-Mobile USA Network?  The majoroty of your use for ypur service must be on the T-Mobile USA Network or risk the service being terminated.  

Badge

Yes my data roaming is turned on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes my data roaming is turned on.

Try giving Customer Care a call at 611 from your T-Mobile line or reach out to T-Mobile by sending them a DM on Facebook or Twitter to make sure you haven't triggered any sort of excess roaming flags.

Badge

ok, thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

As @syaoran says, two months could be considered excessive. Does your phone have the ability to do a manual networks search? If so, try manually searching. If your phone works on WiFi, use it to call customer service.