Solved

Keep my US number from outside of T-mobile network (Colombia)

• 20 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

3 months ago I obtained a T-mobile pre-paid plan to stay connected while in the US ($15 per month). Now I’m back to my country (outside of T-mobile network) but I want to keep the same number for when I get back to the US next year. I have recently paid the monthly fee while here in Colombia but I want to reduce the fee because I’m using my local sim card. How can I do that?

I have heard about connecting the number to Google Voice but I’m not sure if that’s the most effective and less expensive option to keep my US phone number.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 21 December 2023, 03:28

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's $20 to port to Google voice.

Badge

Hello @gramps28 Thanks for your reply. Then it’s $20 per month or per year? And I can keep my number, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

$20 one time charge if you don't use the number.

Badge

@gramps28 After getting the Google Voice app appeared a message “Sorry. Google voice isn’t supported in your country yet” What do you recommend me to do? Should I use a VPN?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

See if you can switch to a connect plan for $10 a month.

https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/connect/phone-plans

Badge

Okay. I’ll try again. Do you know if I can pay the $10 every 3 months to maintain the phone number? Or is mandatory to keep paying the $10 every month? I’m trying to reduce costs while keeping my number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Just load your balance to cover.

Badge

Hello @gramps28 The past 12/26 I tried to change my phone plan from $15 to $10 and I didn’t see the update. Today I tried one more time now renewing my plan and adding $11.10. Now I’m waiting for an email with the order confirmation. I can’t see the receipt nor the transaction confirmation. It shows a message of error asking to try again later.

[Update] After refreshing the line landing page I see the changes applied. Thanks for the advices 😊