Solved

Samsung 8.4" tablet unlock

• 19 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello,

I live in Tirana - Albania. A friend of mine in the USA bought me a Samsung 8.4" tablet from T-Mobile in 2021 and brought it to Tirana. So far I have used the tablet only for the Internet. The phone number has not been registered and activated once after The device arrived in Albania. I want to unlock it, but I can't connect to the T-Mobile network. How should I unlock this device?

I am waiting for an answer...

icon

Best answer by gramps28 19 May 2024, 22:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You need to request them to SIM unlock it then.  The device has to be verified that it and the account meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements before it can be SIM unlocked.  

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Badge

Thanks for the answer, but the SIM card has never been put to work and it expired in March 2023. I don't have a T-Mobile account because after I bought the tablet, it came to Albania unopened! Unfortunately, T-Nobile does not have any e-mail address to clarify my case. How can this unlocking problem be solved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There is nothing T-Mobile can do then.  You don't have a T-Mobile USA account and your device does not meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's an Android, I'm sure there's a cell phone repair store that you can pay to unlock it or doing a Google search for a 3rd party company that can.

Badge

Thanks for the answer, the cell phone repair technicians couldn't unlock it, and on google I found companies that ask for a lot of money (from 70 to 100 USD).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile really doesn't unlock phones and tablets for free, they require you to have 90 days service for post paid accounts and $100 in refills with a prepaid plan.

Badge

😥