Question

Can I keep a wearable line if I cancel all other service?

• 21 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

ATM I am looking into getting the the new Galaxy watch. I know it's free with 2 years qualifying service for a line. ATM we have over a year left with my phone required. But the service out at my house isn't the best. So we had discussed changing carriers if TMobile hadnt built more service in the area by that time. I'd much rather keep TMobile but it's silly to drive to town in order to make a reliable phone call.

Anyways if we were to end up canceling our regular plan would we be able to keep the wearable plan? I imagine this would mean my watch and phone would have different numbers but oh well. I just wanna know if you can have a wearable plan without a cell plan. And if so, is it more expensive than the regular 10$ per month?

3 replies

Did it work? I am in the exact same position. I moved and have no service. I still have 17 months on the galaxy watch but phones are paid off. I dont want to be stuck without service for 17 months. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey friends!

It is no good to hear that you are not getting the expected signal in your area. I recommend that you reach out to our Team of Experts or T-Force team to address the coverage concerns and find a resolution. https://www.t-mobile.com/contact-us shows different ways to contact us, but you can also message us on Facebook or Twitter

To answer your question about the wearable plans, watch lines do require a voice line to remain active. They do not have to be paired to each other, but they both have to exist on the account. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

ATM I am looking into getting the the new Galaxy watch. I know it's free with 2 years qualifying service for a line. ATM we have over a year left with my phone required. But the service out at my house isn't the best. So we had discussed changing carriers if TMobile hadnt built more service in the area by that time. I'd much rather keep TMobile but it's silly to drive to town in order to make a reliable phone call.

Anyways if we were to end up canceling our regular plan would we be able to keep the wearable plan? I imagine this would mean my watch and phone would have different numbers but oh well. I just wanna know if you can have a wearable plan without a cell plan. And if so, is it more expensive than the regular 10$ per month?

TMobile will give you a free cell booster that connects to your home internet so you get full bars at home. You can also use wifi calling if your phone supports that (assuming you have wifi at home). You can get more info from TMO support.