• 17 March 2017
  • 9 replies

i need to locate the other phone thats on my account. how do i do that

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 22 March 2017, 15:48

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey @sambo92‌!  T-Mobile offers a service called FamilyWhere that can help you locate other lines on your family plan - it does have a fee associated (currently $9.99 monthly) and the other users will have to give permission on their phones to have their devices be located before the service will work. 
If the other user is needing to locate their device because it's lost or stolen, then depending on the type of phone they have, they may be able to use a feature like Find My iPhone, Android Device Manager, or if they've set it up and have premium features, LookOut Security to locate their equipment - but the login information would be unique to them.

- Marissa

Im being told by a Tmobile operator that the user does not have to grant permission to be tracked using Family Where, and the user may not receive notification of being tracked.

Can I locate my phone line 612 456 ****  without the user giving permission

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

no… and you might try avoiding blasting personal info on fully public sites..everyone and their mom can now see it..which means you just blasted whomever you are trying to tracks personal phone number out for everyone out there..

Badge

Why do I have to have permission from them and the phone is on my account I pay for that phone as well as mine. Is there any other way of locating it without having to pay

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Why do I have to have permission from them and the phone is on my account I pay for that phone as well as mine. Is there any other way of locating it without having to pay

Would you want to be tracked without you knowing?

It is generally not legal to track an adult without them knowing or without consent.

If they’re an adult they should pay their own phone bill. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If they’re an adult they should pay their own phone bill. 

Unfortunately many adults need to join a family plan to save money and there's only one primary account holder who has access to everything on the account and can control what the other lines have access to the plan information.

I cannot unsee the comments. lol. But unless you have preinstalled the service with T-Mobile, There isn’t really a way to do that not legal anyhow.