Question

“This network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic”

• 27 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

This morning I noticed that when my iPad and iPhone connect to the WiFi signal from my 5G High Speed Gateway (the silver trash can) they warn me that “This network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic.” It goes on to state that internet traffic on the network may be monitored and recorded by other devices on the same network.

I have an Eero router connected to the gateway by ethernet and configured in bridge mode to serve as an access point. When I connect to that WiFi signal I do not get the same warning message. 

I have already:

(1) rebooted the gateway several times

(2) done a factory reset

Another odd symptom — which may or may not be related — is that it continues to show a warning on the LCD for “modem storage overload.”  I noticed this a few days ago, but it has not been resolved by the reboots or the factory reset. There are no text messages in the device.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Ah, that’s rough, but thanks for posting and letting us know what you’ve tried. This is something that’ll need to be sent to our Engineering team after filing a Trouble Ticket with Tech Care. They’ll need to research what might be going on with your connection from our side.

Badge +1

Ah, that’s rough, but thanks for posting and letting us know what you’ve tried. This is something that’ll need to be sent to our Engineering team after filing a Trouble Ticket with Tech Care. They’ll need to research what might be going on with your connection from our side.

Mike,

Are you telling me I need to file a Trouble Ticket? How do I do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you will need to call in or contact them through chat on the site here (when available) or through either Facebook or Twitter.