Solved

unable to connect Chamberlain Liftmaster garage door opener (myQ app) to T-mobile 5G internet

Badge

I have been using the T-mobile home internet for a week now. It works just fine except that my Chamberlion LiftMaster garage door opener (myQ app) cannot connect to it. I would appreciate it if anyone could suggest a solution. Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Reid830 20 March 2023, 05:51

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

most things your wifi will need to connect to in a home will need a 2.4Ghz connection. if it does not see it, it wont be able to connect. are you able to see both the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz connections?

I did change my gateway to 5688W and have added 2.4 ghz with new ssid and security wpa/wpa2. Restart the gateway and working fine right now.

Sadly it all worked will with the round Nokia node but the new black square node won’t connect to the liftmaster.  Tried every which way but no luck.  I moved the node close to the LM but still no go it must be a setting I can’t access on the TMobile node.  I will try a separate router plugged in and see how it goes.

I swapped this node because it is suppose to have the capability of more than one cell tower connection but cant verify this.

Juse got the new updated router model# 5688w  it takes care of that problem. I went a year trying to get the old one to work

New Tmobile router model # 5688w solves this problem

Had the same frustrating problem.  Read some posts that the problem was the old model KVD21 router, which I had.   Spoke to Tmobile and had the send me the newer model 5688w and that fixed the problem.

I linked an old ASUS router, given to me by Sprint, aeons ago, to the TMobile gateway, created a new ID and MyQ recognized it. HEALED!! No need to buy a new extender if you’re an equipment hoarder.. 😎

I have the new router 5688w, it does not connect to myQ this shouldn’t be this hard, just fix it not that hard!

After many tries , my buddy brought over his old Orbi and it worked flawlessly! I tried TPlink Deco S4 and it was not successful after trying every possible scenario. Uggg

One Fix for the win👇
NETGEAR ORBI (RBR20)

I wish TMobile would fix the solution so we wouldn’t have to buy devices to fix the solution. 

I also read in another forum that the TMobile Sagemcom 5688 works fine vs the KVD21 , in which I have the KVD21. Which gateway model do you have ?

I bought a cheaper 13 wifi extender off Amazon and it fixed this, it not only extends the wifi single but creates it's own wifi name and the myq works with it

This is the most logical and best answer. Thank you! 

I just plugged my Tp-link from before into the spare port on the back of the T Mobile brick. MyQ logged right back into the old network. 

Yes. I can see 2.4 and 5 

Get the new Tmobile router model #5688w  it communicates with the Chamberlin and liftmaster garage door opener.  The older ones do not

Sadly it all worked will with the round Nokia node but the new black square node won’t connect to the liftmaster.  Tried every which way but no luck.  I moved the node close to the LM but still no go it must be a setting I can’t access on the TMobile node.  I will try a separate router plugged in and see how it goes.

I swapped this node because it is suppose to have the capability of more than one cell tower connection but cant verify this.

How do yo you connect the Orbi without an internet provider?