Question

Activating prepaid sim

• 6 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Just got a 15 day prepaid Sim. We will be in the US in November.   How far in advance can I activate the Sim to start in mid November?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The sim can only be activated in the US.

Badge

It said you activate it online and in advance.  How far in advance can it be activated? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It said you activate it online and in advance.  How far in advance can it be activated? Thanks

When you're in the US since the sim has to be activated on a T-Mobile USA tower.

Badge

We will be in the US on the activation date.  But how far in advance can we make the request for it to be activated on that specific date?  Hope I'm being clear.  Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Usually most people activivaye once departing the plane. Have the sim in the phone powered down and you should just need to follow the prompts once the phone powers on.

Badge

OK.  But the instructions say you need to allow 3 days after requesting an activation date online (longer if a holiday or weekend).  You can't just do it yourself when you arrive.  Perhaps this is different from some of their other sims. We need to have it work when we arrive or day after. 

So.... my question is still how far in advance you can make the request.  If today I go online and say I want it to activate in November after I get to the US will that work? 

Badge

Still don't know how far in advance I can make request but found some answers on Amazon.  Others who bought this sim requested an activation date online while in the UK.  Then when they arrived in the US and powered up their phones the sims worked.  Most said they made the online request 3 days before arriving in the US.  I just wanted to know if I could do it a week or two before flying out.  If nobody knows then I'll wait until a few days before.