Solved

Esim with existing t-mobile number?

• 26 June 2019
  • 6 replies

Currently have a simply prepaid plan with T-mobile that I am very happy with.  It uses an old fashioned SIM card.  Looking to buy a new apple phone and use the eSim technology.  It looks like my plan is offered on eSim.  Question is - can I keep my existing number?  I know you can port an existing number but this is essentially porting from T-mobile to t-mobile.  Want to be sure before I drop $700.  Has anyone done this and if so how?

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 28 June 2019, 17:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4

We can do that 😊 You will just want to activate the new ESIM line and then give us a call to port your existing number to the new ESIM. Please know that if the plan you are on currently is no longer available, you will not be able to have that plan on the ESIM line.

if we do so, the balance on the existing number remains? now I am using pay as you go $3/month plan

Userlevel 4

Unfortunately since you would be activating a new line, the balance would not more from the old line 😥

This all seems like a lot of jumping around. I’d like to keep my same account and number.

This all seems like a lot of jumping around. I’d like to keep my same account and number.

Yes, exactly. There MUST be a way to keep your account (and phone number and balance) while switching to e-sim… 

Yes, exactly. There MUST be a way to keep your account (and phone number and balance) while switching to e-sim… 

I just switched over to t-mobile prepaid today. The guy at the store said that its not possible to use eSim so later during the day I DM’ed T-Mobile Twitter support account just out of curiosity. They asked for my phone number, account PIN, EID number and boom! successfully converted to eSim without paying anything extra or without any hassle of porting your number around. Honestly their customer service are the best so far, didn’t regret switching to t-mobile at all.