Question

SIM Card Compatibility

• 28 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Will this phone XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 10 5G 128 GB Graphite Gray Dual SIM support a prepaid T Mobile SIM card please? This is for the Palm Springs, California area if this makes a difference. Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It will support the sim but how good it works depends on the bands of the phone.

Tmobile BYOD

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

For 5G, it supports N41 and N66.  N41 is basically old sprint only area towers that have been repurposed.  Whether or not your area has any N66 deployment, I have no idea.  For 4G, it supports bands 2, 4, 12, 41, and 66.  The issue there is though, BYOD’s must support T-Mobile’s implementation of VoLTE to work.  Being a Chinese phone, it more than likely does not.  My old Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 did, but that was the last Xiaomi device I purchased and it was flashed to the global firmware.  Things have changed a lot since the SD845.

Badge

Thank you both for the additional information. I’m actually researching for a friend. Once I have his 15 digit ID number, I’ll check against the compatibility list.

Thank you both for the additional information. I’m actually researching for a friend. Once I have his 15 digit ID number, I’ll check against the compatibility list.

I am also considering to buy a xiaomi phone, can you tell me the results of your check on compatibility?