Question

Switchign from prepaid to postpaid

• 17 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hey there, yesterday I switched my prepaid T-mobile service to a postpaid T-mobile service (Go5GPlus). They gave me a temporary number during the process but it has been almost 24 hours and my phone number still didn’t revert to the original one. Since my bank account, credit cards, many online services etc. are tied yo my old phone number I really feel stranded already. Does anyone know how long does it take to revert to my original number and is there a way to speed up this process? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you get a new Sim?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Unfortunately, a port in can take up to 4 business days under some circumstances.  As mentioned, you will need a new PostPaid SIM or eSIM for your number being ported in from Prepaid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I always thought it was just a Sim swap provisioned to the post paid plan since the number is already on the Tmobile network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I always thought it was just a Sim swap provisioned to the post paid plan since the number is already on the Tmobile network.

It wasn't for me.  It was a regular port in.  I had a temporary number for about 2 and a half days when my number I was porting in from prepaid finally took hold.  I also restarted my device every day until the port was complete, just in case, but I also started the port in the evening and didn't kick in on the new SIM until around noon almost 3 days later.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Good to know.