5G home internet - connection innteruption -support contacted

• 5 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

We started our 5g home internet with T-Mobile about 6 months ago, it was working fantastic for about 4 of those months. Last month near the very beginning we started having an issue where all of our devices are connected to the modem, but no internet connection is available, the only fix we have is to unplug and restart the modem. We called support yesterday, they told us about the new 2022 modems and that many customers have been calling in with this issue. After getting our new modem yesterday we still have the same issue every 30 mins a break in our internet connection begins and we need to re-start our modem. I called support again this morning to which they again said many customers are having this same issue. When I heared that a bell went off, "T-Mobile has a massive server or processing error with all of these modems, not just the old one we were dealing with." They proceeded with the basic turning the router off and powering it back on, the support told me he was doing some sort of trouble shooting (to which he was supposed to send a list of troubleshoots to use if it were to continue, he never did) I got a call about 20 mins after to make sure my internet was still working, I told them yes and that it hadn't even been long enough for us to have the issue again, they were happy with that and gladly wished me a good rest of my day. I am so beyond frustrated with T-Mobile right now, they honestly should be giving customers a refund of last months billing cycle and get this sorted for all the hoops we have to go through in order to even have a half hour of this so called premier coverage of 5g home internet, it's really feeling like a bad joke and customers are just supposed to deal with it.

9 replies

Badge

Update - If you read this an hour ago I was incorrect, nothing has changed and we are still dealing with connection interruptions ranging from every 20 mins to an hour.

I am having the same issues.  This is a joke.  Their response is they are working on the towers to serve tmobile customers 5G.  

I’m having same issue internet keeps cutting out. I thought it may work better with a wired connection, nope got even worse. T-Mobile’s internet is a complete joke. The want to be the biggest and greatest but in the process they are lacking quality internet big time.

My situation is the same as the original post. Got the Gateway in May. Worked fine until the last month. Now I lose internet connection every few days. Restarting the Gateway fixes the problem until a few days later the internet connection is lost again. 

My internet has been doing the same thing as well. I live by 3 towers and 2 of them are 5G towers so I’m not understanding why I’m not getting an internet connection. The app is so full of crap bc even when you lose connection it still says you’re connected. I have been without consistent connection to the internet since October 10. It’s to the point where I’m going to cancel my services with them all together bc now my internet on my phone is starting to go slow as well. Everything was fine until they did some type of update to the towers. My connection was great up until that point. 

It's been almost 2 weeks since the Gateway stopped connecting to the internet.  From that first call, they sent a new Gateway.  (I've had service using the Gateway for almost a year with no problem).  Less than a week later I received the new one.  Same problem.  Called to get help, resetting and aALL the other troubleshooting steps, she created a ticket to send to the engineering department. I was told they were "enhancing" the tower or some BS like that, so I was told to be patient.  Still having the same problem with it.  Just got off the phone with them and now, they're sending another Gateway.  This rep couldn't definitely say anything.  First it was tower issue but then the new Gateway isn't working.  I asked "which is it?".  All I got was everything I said repeated back to me.  Beyond frustrating.  On the site, when you type in my address it says "not available in your area".  But I've had nearly a year.  I was told by the 2nd rep that there are X amount of slots available for each area, if I had one, it would still be available.  So, I'm pretty fed up.  If it's towers, fine.  But let customers know what you are doing.  But they can't because they obviously don't know!

Talked to Tmobile.  They know what the problem is.  The hardware loses the signal, but the solution is coming from the hardware company, not Tmobile,  in the form of a firmware update that will automatically be sent to the Gateway.  They could not give me a timeline for the update.  

We started our 5g home internet with T-Mobile about 6 months ago, it was working fantastic for about 4 of those months. Last month near the very beginning we started having an issue where all of our devices are connected to the modem, but no internet connection is available, the only fix we have is to unplug and restart the modem. We called support yesterday, they told us about the new 2022 modems and that many customers have been calling in with this issue. After getting our new modem yesterday we still have the same issue every 30 mins a break in our internet connection begins and we need to re-start our modem. I called support again this morning to which they again said many customers are having this same issue. When I heared that a bell went off, "T-Mobile has a massive server or processing error with all of these modems, not just the old one we were dealing with." They proceeded with the basic turning the router off and powering it back on, the support told me he was doing some sort of trouble shooting (to which he was supposed to send a list of troubleshoots to use if it were to continue, he never did) I got a call about 20 mins after to make sure my internet was still working, I told them yes and that it hadn't even been long enough for us to have the issue again, they were happy with that and gladly wished me a good rest of my day. I am so beyond frustrated with T-Mobile right now, they honestly should be giving customers a refund of last months billing cycle and get this sorted for all the hoops we have to go through in order to even have a half hour of this so called premier coverage of 5g home internet, it's really feeling like a bad joke and customers are just supposed to deal with it.

I have the new t-mobile gateway tower and realize I am in a fringe area and only get 3 bars. When it is running right I will get 200 download and 18 upload but that at best is a rare occasion. Most times it is pure luck to get 10 download and .05 upload.  I have three towers close to me so like a phone when you turn it off and turn it back on it will look for the best signal. So the gateway tower should do the same but who knows. I call support on a daily basis and the answer is the same we are working on the towers. Hard to believe they are working on all three towers and for more then 3 weeks.  

Badge

We all seem to have the same issue….I’ve been at this for over a year and on my 3rd gateway. In the beginning I got only 2 bars and maybe a download of 20-40. They enhanced the tower and now 3 bars with a download of 200-400 but still drops to zero and rebooting, unplugging for 2 min, etc don’t always reconnect. The past 2 days have been several hours with a rep and zero internet….pain in the butt!!! Then it works great for a few days and then nothing again. I may soon give up….but I’m an optimist and not a quitter so it’s a tough decision.