Solved

charging me for a phone i own

• 3 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Charging me for a phone I own not owe*****. I joined T- mobile last year. I purchased a Samsung from their store on a payment plan. For Christmas I received an Apple iPhone unlocked and fully paid as a gift. I just tried to switch to a different company with that iPhone but it is locked. I check my billing and it says it’s locked because I owe 300.00 on it. My question is how can they lock my iPhone that I own out right? Also why does it say I owe 300.00 instead of the Samsung?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 3 September 2023, 20:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Also to switch out that Samsung phone needs to be paid off before you port so your account is in good standing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That's the issue. The phone isn't really fully unlocked. It locks to the carrier of the first Sim inserted. This is an Apple issue called the 3rd party flex policy.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7960267

You need to meet the requirements for an unlock code and you need to make sure the imei# is in Tmobile’s data base.

The easiest way is to contact support using messenger on one of Tmobile’s social media accounts like Facebook or the rebranded X.

Badge

They said they bought it full price at Best Buy. It was brand new and unlocked. I was able to bring it to any carrier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Talk to the person who bought the iPhone as the gift to see if they have the receipt and make sure it wasn't bought on a payment plan.