Solved

charging me for a phone i own

• 3 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Charging me for a phone I own not owe*****. I joined T- mobile last year. I purchased a Samsung from their store on a payment plan. For Christmas I received an Apple iPhone unlocked and fully paid as a gift. I just tried to switch to a different company with that iPhone but it is locked. I check my billing and it says it’s locked because I owe 300.00 on it. My question is how can they lock my iPhone that I own out right? Also why does it say I owe 300.00 instead of the Samsung?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 3 September 2023, 20:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Talk to the person who bought the iPhone as the gift to see if they have the receipt and make sure it wasn't bought on a payment plan.

Badge

They said they bought it full price at Best Buy. It was brand new and unlocked. I was able to bring it to any carrier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That's the issue. The phone isn't really fully unlocked. It locks to the carrier of the first Sim inserted. This is an Apple issue called the 3rd party flex policy.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7960267

You need to meet the requirements for an unlock code and you need to make sure the imei# is in Tmobile’s data base.

The easiest way is to contact support using messenger on one of Tmobile’s social media accounts like Facebook or the rebranded X.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Also to switch out that Samsung phone needs to be paid off before you port so your account is in good standing.