Increase in Price for 55+ ($50/mo for 1 line)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Got a text message stating $5 increase/mo.  Called rep.  Was told “due to inflation...”  I asked why because when I was told when I signed up in 10/2018 it was for life.  “Sorry about that.  See our terms and conditions on the website.”  I said I wanted the terms and conditions from 2018.  I asked for a copy of my contract that I signed.  “We don’t have access to that.”  (What??)  I have filed a complaint with the FCC also.  This is infuriating.  

17 replies

Userlevel 1

My husband and I are in the same boat as you and are NOT accepting of T-Mobile’s explanation. We signed up in 2017 for a FLAT monthly charge of $60 GUARANTEED NEVER TO INCREASE and now they are saying differently!!! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same here!  Price was guaranteed to never go up.

They make money on all 55 and over customers due to most never use much data from month to month in addition to using all the so called weekly perks or deals.  Bottom line is all I want is good service at the agreed price.

What a lying company.

Userlevel 3

Time to shop around.  I too bragged that I had $60/month for two lines locked in for life.  I’ll go with someone else just to prove a point. Shoot myself in the foot, who cares.  Their coverage is lousy anyways.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Same issue here. Hey corporate, you have an active community of users here. Reputational risk. Please stand by your commitment!

Userlevel 2

No longer the Uncarrier. All about money and deception! Why stay with T mobile?  So they can keep lying to you? 

Userlevel 2

I’m pissed. The TV commercials and at the store where I first signed up years ago advertise as never will raise the rates, always pay $50 a month and I believe one commercial said that was a promise. Those commercials are considered a legal and binding agreement/contract. Hey T-Mobile legally increases prices for new customers only and not illegally increase prices on existing loyal customers who have been with you for years. Keep your promise. All T-Mobile is doing is setting themselves up for a class action law suit which they will loose because any good attorney firm will use millions of customer testimonies and prior TV commercials that will prove within a reasonable doubt that T-Mobile breached their verbal agreement/contract. If T-Mobile gets away with this now then they will do it again in the future.  

After being with T-Mobile for years; I now tell myself do I want to stay with a liar so they can do this again? Anyone reading this that owns or works for a law firm please consider a class action law suit. Sign me up. Please understand I always liked T-Mobile that is why I have been with them for years but I hate liars that don’t keep their promise which make me want to look elsewhere.

Userlevel 2

No longer the Uncarrier. All about money and deception! Why stay with T mobile?  So they can keep lying to you? 

With millions of customer testimonies along with all those T-Mobile TV commercials promising one set price for life etc. this is a class action law suit waiting to happen. Those TV commercials are considered a legally binding agreement/contract. If they get away with it now then expect it to happen again. They should have only increased prices for new customers without breaching their agreement with us, however for them to think of that idea the decision maker would have to stand up and use his or her brain to think of it.  

Userlevel 2

I think the idea of a class action lawsuit is a good idea. Hopefully there is a good legal firm following this. I'm guessing it will happen quickly. 

There are several other discussions going on under other plans. All are furious and agree a class action is forthcoming. 

Also, many are filing complaints with the FCC. We all need to do the same.  

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/

I filed and took less than 5 minutes. 

Userlevel 2

My husband and I are in the same boat as you and are NOT accepting of T-Mobile’s explanation. We signed up in 2017 for a FLAT monthly charge of $60 GUARANTEED NEVER TO INCREASE and now they are saying differently!!! 

Check out Boost Mobile also their Home Internet

Userlevel 2

I think the idea of a class action lawsuit is a good idea. Hopefully there is a good legal firm following this. I'm guessing it will happen quickly. 

There are several other discussions going on under other plans. All are furious and agree a class action is forthcoming. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

They're owned by DishNetwork and are rumored to be going bankrupt.

Userlevel 2

They're owned by DishNetwork and are rumored to be going bankrupt.

Thanks for the information and I just filed a complaint, but it took me 7 minutes LOL.

Userlevel 2

Update:  Received a call from T-Mobile customer care this morning. Though English wasn't great, he said he would like to setup a call for this Friday to work out something to keep my rate the same, permanently. He said it will be a "promotional" rate since I've been with them for 10 years. I said I don't trust T-Mobile any longer, but call and offer your deal. 

I'm ready to switch to Consumer Cellular. They have a AARP 55 plan. $60 a month for 2 lines, total out the door. Just like T-Mobile promised 10 years ago. 

I also got a notification from FCC and they have contacted T-Mobile with my complaint... Not sure if that helped with the "promotional" call?

Userlevel 2

Thank you for the update and information. T-Mobile responded because they are required too within 30 days. However that phone call does not make sense because why would someone call then say they will call back on Friday to work out something? Why not then? Don’t agree on new terms because we already have them. It is illegal and a breach of agreement/contract when T-Mobile starts billing more. There is nothing to work out with them; T-Mobile needs to apologize and honor their promise to all their loyal customers; not just for the people who filed a complaint. When T-Mobile calls; they will offer you that so called “Promotion” but they will also want that agreement to be recorded which will void there original promise/agreement. It’s likely a trick and if you listen carefully to their recording you will not hear the words guaranteed for life; never goes up or permanent. I have been around for some years and the word “Promotion” typically means for a limited time etc. I don’t believe what I hear but what I see so I get things in writing. This is just a trick by T-Mobile. We already have an agreement and I will never agree on a new one. You can always listen to the recording and when your asked if you agree say No then hang up. I suggest also using the record feature on a cell phone to record that recording, but tell the rep. that you will be recording also to make it legal.

After they call file another complaint with the FCC because T-Mobile made you feel forced to make a new agreement.

Userlevel 2

Got a text message stating $5 increase/mo.  Called rep.  Was told “due to inflation...”  I asked why because when I was told when I signed up in 10/2018 it was for life.  “Sorry about that.  See our terms and conditions on the website.”  I said I wanted the terms and conditions from 2018.  I asked for a copy of my contract that I signed.  “We don’t have access to that.”  (What??)  I have filed a complaint with the FCC also.  This is infuriating.  

I’m sure there is more the one law firm working on it. In a court of law all an attorney has to do is “Prove within a reasonable doubt” that T-Mobile has breached the agreement which is easy to do with all those TV commercials. T-Mobile could have just changed their terms and conditions on the web site to trick people however it doesn’t matter because all those T-Mobile TV commercials are considered legal and binding verbal agreements. There will be a class action lawsuit if T-Mobile continues. 

Userlevel 2

If T-Mobile calls and offers a promotional deal; do not take any deal because this will void their original agreement/guarantee with you. File a complaint with the FCC which only takes less then 10 minutes online. https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/. Don’t send a letter to corporate because it’s a waste of time. The best and quickest way for a response is to file a complaint with the FCC which will contact T-Mobile ASAP. It is illegal for T-Mobile to charge more since we all have a set promised guaranteed price. Don’t break your agreement by falling for any so called “Promotional” deal because it is a trick. If T-Mobile calls you tell them you do not want a new agreement because there is already one in place. Mention that you have or will be filling a complaint with the FCC. The T-Mobile TV commercials are legal and binding verbal agreements/contract.

Userlevel 2

Update:  Received a call from T-Mobile customer care this morning. Though English wasn't great, he said he would like to setup a call for this Friday to work out something to keep my rate the same, permanently. He said it will be a "promotional" rate since I've been with them for 10 years. I said I don't trust T-Mobile any longer, but call and offer your deal. 

I'm ready to switch to Consumer Cellular. They have a AARP 55 plan. $60 a month for 2 lines, total out the door. Just like T-Mobile promised 10 years ago. 

I also got a notification from FCC and they have contacted T-Mobile with my complaint... Not sure if that helped with the "promotional" call?

T-Mobile made my decision easy... They said they would call this morning with a promotional offer to stay with T-Mobile. They never called (haha). I was thinking it would be hard to trust them in the future and this just shows what they think of their customers!! 

Good bye T-Mobile and hello consumer cellular!  I've learned my lesson on what Uncarrier really means...