These have been mentioned on various other threads be we need a thread that discusses the REQUIRED changes for this device to be taken seriously. At the end of the day I just need a dumb modem. But specifically we need these options to all be in the admin web page.
- Allow admins to enable HTTPs access to the Gateway,
- Allow admins to 100% turn off the WiFi radios,
- Allow admins to access the Gateway’s internal firewall, and be able to create/modify rules, check logs, etc.
- Allow admins to 100% disable the gateway’s internal firewall if so desired.
- Allow admins to switch the device to bridge mode.
Honestly the last option would solve 90% of power users problems because then they could just use their existing home router to do everything else the way they were before they switched to T-Mobile. I can tell this is a pretty powerful device by reading up on the Nokia Fastmile home page, which is this same device unbranded. All of the above can easily be done with this device and if I had to guess, the unbranded Nokia device probably does all of this stuff already.
EDIT: In fact, here in the Nokia FastMile manual I see most of the options we need, T-Mobile just needs to turn them on. Nokia: Nokia FastMile 5G R1 0 03 Gateway End User Guide
(The T-Mobile version of this device is the equivalent of the Nokia FastMile 5G 3.1, which moves the ports to the side of the device instead of the bottom (Fastmile 3.0)