Static IP with home internet or business internet?

• 5 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Is it possible for me to get one or more static IP addresses if i sign up for either T-Moble home internet or T-Mobile busness internet?

Ideally, I need 2 or 3 static IP addresses.

Also, if I move to a different location where T-Mobile home or business internet is offered, would I get to keep the same static IP addresses?

Thank you very much.

9 replies

Been trying to get a static IP from T-Mobile, but they say they cannot provide me one unless I own a business and have a business license. Kinda BS!. With the regular home internet, they give you a DHCP IP, but it changes every couple of weeks messing up my Hulu Live streaming, and then T-Mobile won’t provide me a static IP. About ready to drop T-Mobile Home Internet!

Badge

Thank you for your reply!

This policy of T-Mobile has now convinced me to totally avoid T-Mobile Home Internet.

I’m happy to pay for a business account in order to obtain static IP, but their requirement for a business license is indeed a crock of BS.

I am having the same issue. I need a static IP as every time my IP changes HULU quits working and I have to spend 30 minutes on the phone with them to sort it out. This occurs randomly about once per week. If this cannot be resolved I will need to switch to another internet provider.

This definitely happens very often, probably once a week, where my public IP address will change. Very annoying if a static IP address option is not available. 

It is my understanding - 1 static IP per SIM.   I hope that answers a lot of questions.

I work from home. My IP has to be whitelisted for me to access work resources. However, my IP keep changing every couple of days requiring me to open a ticket to update my IP.  My IP didn’t change when I had cable internet. T-Mobile should assign a static IP for each home internet connection.

Not sure if this has changed but I’ve hade the same IP since 4/10/2024. 

Posting this on 5/1/2024 as a timestamp.

I’m keeping an eye on mine to see if it changes on the next billing cycle….

I’m hoping it doesn’t. I’ve also bounced the modem a few time within the time frame and it picks up the same IP. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Are any of you guys using another WiFi Router or Mesh router that then connects to the T-Mobile Gateway via ethernet? Or are you all using the WiFi that the T-Mobile Gateway sends out to connect your devices to it?

Are any of you guys using another WiFi Router or Mesh router that then connects to the T-Mobile Gateway via ethernet? Or are you all using the WiFi that the T-Mobile Gateway sends out to connect your devices to it?

I’m using a Unifi stack.

UCG-Ultra, USW-Lite-8-PoE, and a UAP-AC-IW-Pro.