Question

Streaming service

• 13 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I just purchased the Internet.  My intent is to stream.  I do have a smart tv, google tv, tv with Roku.  I am curious on what streaming service people have the best results.  So far, it looks like You Tube.  I do have Amazon Prime and Netflix.

5 replies

I just installed the T-Mobile 5G Gateway today and got rid of COX since they don’t offer unlimited data. I also just purchased a new smart tv. No problems to get up and running but Hulu was an issue since the 5G Gateway doesn’t give a defined IP address. So, chatted with Hulu tech support and they sent me to a website to verify the IP address that was showing and reset my account to that IP address. Up and running on Hulu after that. Working awesome so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have Cox and I get 1.25 Terra bytes a month, good luck trying to get that much data through Tmobile Home internet without getting throttled or de-prioritized.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@gramps28, “...that much data through Tmobile Home internet without getting throttled or de-prioritized.”

What do you think is the monthly amount of data one can use before getting throttled or de-prioritized by T-Mobile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@gramps28, “...that much data through Tmobile Home internet without getting throttled or de-prioritized.”

What do you think is the monthly amount of data one can use before getting throttled or de-prioritized by T-Mobile?

Look in the fine print for throttling but de-prioritiztion will happen more frequently.

I don’t believe that throttling is the issue, so much as De-Prioritization as that’s what’s in the actual contract. When you get T-Mobile Home Internet, you agree that cell phone use in your area will take precedence over anything you want to do, which kind of defeats the purpose of moving away from cable internet. You’d be better off seeing if fiber from your telco is available, as that will give you likely better performance than either wireless or cable could even dream about.