Question

Tower outage, no communication, internet keeps disconnecting

• 26 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have had internet problems for the last few weeks, and I was recently told the tower next to router is down without any estimate on when it will be back up and all traffic is being diverted to a further away tower, which is causing the disconnects. This was not communicated, probably to avoid losing customers. What is the recourse for this situation? 

5 replies

Hi 

Where are you located? I’m in Stamford CT having the same problems for several weeks.
Always worst in the afternoons - 2pm-6pm. Speeds drop to 1MB/s.
Am also told it is due to tower outage but I think the service is just not ready for prime time.
Sadly, I will have to go back to cable.

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I have had internet problems for the last few weeks, and I was recently told the tower next to router is down without any estimate on when it will be back up and all traffic is being diverted to a further away tower, which is causing the disconnects. This was not communicated, probably to avoid losing customers. What is the recourse for this situation? 

thats how it works period..if a tower goes down it kicks everyone to the next available tower. no carrier jumps up and fires out info on tower outages to everyone affected..

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi 

Where are you located? I’m in Stamford CT having the same problems for several weeks.
Always worst in the afternoons - 2pm-6pm. Speeds drop to 1MB/s.
Am also told it is due to tower outage but I think the service is just not ready for prime time.
Sadly, I will have to go back to cable.

Mike

Texas. The tower outage here is expected to be ongoing for weeks if not months. I only found out after calling them, the technician was surprised to see that the tower was going to be down for so long.

Userlevel 2
Badge

thats how it works period..if a tower goes down it kicks everyone to the next available tower. no carrier jumps up and fires out info on tower outages to everyone affected..

The tower has been down since the beginning of June and is going to be down for weeks/months. No carrier would communicate this to customers? What about preventing the router to connect to the tower that is down so the outage does not affect the traffic? 

Having the same problem here. Called support and they couldn’t give me an answer as to when the tower would be up and running. Very frustrating.