Activating Apple TV

• 13 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Why does Apple require a credit card to activate, “T-Mobiles Free Apple TV”?

BobT 1 year ago

Don’t know where that snippet came from but here’s the current offer (T-Mobile’s site tends to make too many references to something throughout - must be a nightmare to maintain by not consolidating info in a single place):

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/apple-tv-plus-deal

“Stream award-winning Apple Originals at no extra cost for as long as you have Magenta MAX. Or get it for 6 months on us with the Magenta Plan.”

As noted I was able to remove the payment type once added from the Apple Account established,

Hopefully a Paramount+ On Us is on the horizon 😊

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

After the free promo they can charge your credit card if you decide to keep. Same as Hulu or Netflix on the free trial.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

When I originally signed up for the 1 year promo about a year ago, a credit card was required also. I .was then able to remove the payment type and it would have been canceled after the one year. When the Apple TV+ On us promo came along, I switched over by following the directions. Now under Manage Subscriptions on Apple TV account it simply shows the promotion and contact TMO to cancel if needed. I’ll do that when it’s no longer free.

Badge

Thanks for the feedback. That does answer my question. I just wasn’t clear about the offer. I have MAX and I had the impression that Apple TV is now included as part of the Magenta® MAX plan as stated below and if it’s included I didn’t see a need for a credit card.

Apple TV+ now included with Magenta® MAX.

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers

Registration in Apple TV app req’d. MAX: While you maintain one qualifying Magenta Max line in good standing. Only one offer per account. See plan for details.

Magenta: Limited-time offer; subject to change. Only one offer per account. Qualifying credit & service required. After free trial, plan automatically renews at $4.99/month until cancelled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

How it looks it's only included for a year.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Don’t know where that snippet came from but here’s the current offer (T-Mobile’s site tends to make too many references to something throughout - must be a nightmare to maintain by not consolidating info in a single place):

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/apple-tv-plus-deal

“Stream award-winning Apple Originals at no extra cost for as long as you have Magenta MAX. Or get it for 6 months on us with the Magenta Plan.”

As noted I was able to remove the payment type once added from the Apple Account established,

Hopefully a Paramount+ On Us is on the horizon 😊

Badge

Has anyone figured out how to make this work ? I. am unable to watch anything on Apple TV plus. Keeps asking me to login 7 day trial. I am logged into the Apple TV plus account. the email address used are the same for Tmobile and appletv plus 

I am having the exact same issue as Irish I keep getting texts saying my account has not been linked but when I go to the Apple Site it says I have already linked my T Mobile account but it acts like I don't have one and can only watch the free episodes. 

What apple is doing is against the law. A company cannot automatically instigate charges for a service that is being provided by a third party 'free' for an undisclosed period of time. Anyone that's been hoodwinked into giving apple credit info can be party to a class action lawsuit that I'm willing to instigate. It's ridiculous they have the gall to think they can get away with it. 

I've tried to deal with both tmobile and Apple legal and even though they (the phone and text advisors) agree with me they have consistently dropped the ball dating its just the way it is. Bull.