Solved

Can't get Netflix Promotion - Account "Mismatch"?

• 12 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I can’t get the Netflix promotion, even though I have Go5G Plus.  I think there is something wrong with my account such that it displays that I have Go5G Plus on my account page (see screenshot 1) and when I click on my account, it shows that I have Netflix as a promotion (see screenshot 2).  However, when I click on the Netflix promotion line, I get a screen that says “Oops….your rate plan is not eligible for this benefit….” (see screenshot 3).  When I click on View my plan, it says I have the 5G Home Internet Plan (see screenshot 4).

I think this may be related to the fact that I first signed up with T-Mobile for the home internet and then added on my phones later.

Anyway, I’ve tried calling tech support and also going to the store, but no luck.  I did have a problem with my voicemail, which was fixed, and I am grateful for that, but there is still this issue and I wanted to try this way and put in the screenshots so that people can see what is going on that might know how to fix it.

I look forward to getting this issue resolved.

icon

Best answer by tomwil 12 July 2023, 13:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I can’t get the Netflix promotion, even though I have Go5G Plus.  I think there is something wrong with my account such that it displays that I have Go5G Plus on my account page (see screenshot 1) and when I click on my account, it shows that I have Netflix as a promotion (see screenshot 2).  However, when I click on the Netflix promotion line, I get a screen that says “Oops….your rate plan is not eligible for this benefit….” (see screenshot 3).  When I click on View my plan, it says I have the 5G Home Internet Plan (see screenshot 4).

I think this may be related to the fact that I first signed up with T-Mobile for the home internet and then added on my phones later.

Perhaps try going to the add-ons from your primary phone, instead of through your plan.

https://www.t-mobile.com/tv-streaming/netflix-on-us

Step 2
Select ACCOUNT, then ADD-ONS next to the Primary Account Holder’s line.

Step 3
Select MANAGE DATA & ADD-ONS, then SERVICES to select your desired Netflix add-on.

Badge

Thank you so much.  This worked for me.