Solved

Clear DTC Codes/Check Engine light thru SyncUp

• 6 August 2018
  • 7 replies

Is it possible to reset the Check Engine light on the car thru the SyncUp device ?   I have fixed the problem and need to clear the codes to make sure they dont come back. If so, how do I do it ?

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 9 August 2018, 00:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey, @magenta5768165​!

No, the codes and check engine cannot be turned off through SyncUp. That's a great idea though and one I'd like to pass along!

I know AUTOMATIC PRO has this ability thru their adapter. I am currently using both in my vehicles with a OBD Y Cable. Also would love if an Real-Time Engine monitor could be added also thru a Bluetooth connection or something.

This needs to happen soon! It's the only major drawback to the device. As the poster stated, I had an issue resolved 2 days ago and is still reflecting in my sync up.

I am using both SyncUP and Automatic using an OBD Y cable I picked up on Amazon. They both have their Pluses and Minuses. But together I am getting most everything I want.

Hi Amanda.  This is a feature that I was told existed when I purchased 2 of the SynUps.  I had been using Automatic for years and it was something that you could do and as far as I know it's available in all OBDII devices.  It was not until now (3 months after buying) that a check engine light came up on one of the cars.  Since I can do some simple repairs myself (as I'm sure others might), it is necessary to be able to clear the Check Engine light to make sure the error has been fixed.  I have no way of knowing this right now.  I would have to go to a mechanic and pay just to get the light cleared.  Had I known this before I might have not bought the SynUps.  Please add this feature as soon as possible.

Thanks

Is it possible to reset the Check Engine light on the car thru the SyncUp device ?   I have fixed the problem and need to clear the codes to make sure they dont come back. If so, how do I do it ?

+1000 I want to clear code also!

--Posted elsewhere, but still no luck.--

Bad experience with SyncUp-Drive --  Worked satisfactorily for 5 months.  (A couple of modest issues, like not being able to clear old trips.  Want only 7 days, erase older.)  MAJOR issue started in August with FOUR Engine status codes.  Took car to shop.  They confirmed the same codes with Professional Diagnostic Tool.   Afterwards, reinserted Sync-up Drive.   Never was recognized.  Most recent info (car location) shows still at repair shop.  Still shows the 4 error codes.  Lacks detailed instructions for users who like to dig into the weeds.  TMobile (corporate) Store personal tried to help, discovered internal doct revealing a reset pin.  Tried that, no joy.