Question

school mode not responding

• 3 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

I just started 2 watches yesterday.. and I cannot put them into school mode. I set up an automatic schedule and it’s not activated. I also manual tried to turn it on and it says “connecting to watch.. still connecting.. not responding.” I need these modes working so I can have them use them when school starts next week!

9 replies

I am having this exact issue. Activated over the weekend and can’t get it to go into school mode at all. 

Currently having the same issue. Spoke to tech support and was told it was a firmware issue. There's no time frame for it to be fixed. 

Well that’s frustrating. 

Badge

Currently having the same issue. Spoke to tech support and was told it was a firmware issue. There's no time frame for it to be fixed. 

This is the only reason I bought them.. and now it’s not working. Ugh. 😑 

Badge

Update: went into T-Mobile today and they were able to update the firm ware and fixed it. The issue is still confusing me. They said it should update the firmware when I charge it. But the watch has been on the charger since Thursday evening. So between reasons that make no sense and magic keystrokes and button pushing it updated and it works again. I tested it in the store.

this was after I attempted to do it at home with the tech help on my phone.. 

Badge

I went today to the store and they fixed it with and update. So I recommend trying that! Funny part, they pulled up this thread when trying to figure it out. 

Badge

I am having this exact issue. Activated over the weekend and can’t get it to go into school mode at all. 

Firmware update at the store fixed it for me today!

I just started 2 watches yesterday.. and I cannot put them into school mode. I set up an automatic schedule and it’s not activated. I also manual tried to turn it on and it says “connecting to watch.. still connecting.. not responding.” I need these modes working so I can have them use them when school starts next week!

Update: went into T-Mobile today and they were able to update the firm ware and fixed it. The issue is still confusing me. They said it should update the firmware when I charge it. But the watch has been on the charger since Thursday evening. So between reasons that make no sense and magic keystrokes and button pushing it updated and it works again. I tested it in the store.

So you were able to update it yourself or you had to take it into the store?

Badge

So you were able to update it yourself or you had to take it into the store?

I did have to take them in. I didn’t see exactly what they did. But it was like in the settings.. maybe the firmware number. And then they tapped 5times or so and it did a firmware reset to basically factory reset it.