Question

SyncUP GPS not working

• 29 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

The app is still saying my child is at the bus stop. I went (twice last week) to check to see if the watch fell off. Nope. Thought this watch would be a great idea to keep track of my child, but it doesn’t show their correct location even after starting the “live tracking.”  I love T-mobile for phone service, but this is the second product (the first being the abysmal internet service that I only kept for one month) that relies on their cellular network that has completely failed. We got the watch “free” from a promotion, but I would happily pay the amount to get rid of this anxiety caused by this watch. If you really want to keep track of your child’s location, find something that works, not this.  

7 replies

I have a different GPS issue.  Anyone else have their kid's watch's GPS suddenly jump to another location far away for a while and then come back?  I'll get a notification that my son is outside school, and he'll be at this same law office like 20 miles away.  Eventually I'll get a notification he's in school again.  It's really weird, and always the same location.  

I have a different GPS issue.  Anyone else have their kid's watch's GPS suddenly jump to another location far away for a while and then come back?  I'll get a notification that my son is outside school, and he'll be at this same law office like 20 miles away.  Eventually I'll get a notification he's in school again.  It's really weird, and always the same location.  

We just got my son's watch yesterday after his Timex connect finally pooped out. I went to explore the app after he went to bed (with the watch upstairs in his room) and the map showed it in New Hampshire! We live in TX!! I reported the issue, but when I checked the history, apparently it had been bouncing back and forth all day.

I had the same problem today. App shows that my kid is still at the school bus stop half an hour after school already started, even in live tracking mode, which freaked me out. Text my kid and he said he is at school with the watch on him. Almost an hour later, his location finally updated. 

Did you ever figure out a way to fix this ? We are currently having this issue.

Badge

I have the Syncup tracker for my 8 yr old granddaughter’s backpack and having the same issue. Today it showed her bus was still around 7 blocks away when her bus had actually already dropped her off around the corner from my house! I’m going to look into getting something else because this one just isn’t reliable and lags too much when updating her location.

GPS isn't working on my son's watch right now either.  I had to do a factory reset on his watch yesterday, because it wasn't allowing me to view his profile at all anymore.   No wonder this watch was "free".  I'm tempted to go back to Verizon just so I can have the gizmo watch again.  Fix this, T-Mobile!  It's an embarrassment.  

There's a tracking device you can buy on Amazon for I think around 30 or $35 and unfortunately I can't recall the name of it right now but you can buy it on there and pay I think it's 20 bucks a month for tracking services that are actually pretty decent for the price of the device I'm sure they're way better devices out there but for low cost I used it to track someone and actually stuck it underneath their car and was able to do live tracking with one minute intervals and you can just drop it in your kids backpack and it works great. every once in awhile it'll get stuck but I also used it on the undercarriage of a car so the metal around it was kind of tricky navigating getting into a good position but with the kids backpack I think it's a much better and easier way to track them and you don't have to worry about all the metal surrounding it making it kind of wonky sometimes. It's the size of a cell phone battery just thicker but it's barely small and lightweight.