Question

SyncUp kids pairing with Phone App

• 25 December 2021
  • 49 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I recently bought a SyncUP Kids and when we first turned on the watch it gave the option to pair with app but didn’t pair and now doesn’t have the option. Is there a trick to pair the watch?

49 replies

Having the same issue here

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same problem. On the phone now. 

Userlevel 1

Hopefully the representative can help. 

I would be curious to the call response, thanks for sharing!

*update: on the thousandth try, ours randomly paired!

Having same issues. One watch is showing up but has been pairing for hours, but wont go past the pairing setup screen. The other never paired but she is on the activities screen and we can’t figure out how to go back and pair it (no setting menu available). And no I did not mix them up, which is the first guess by everyone.

Same pairing issue here as well.  I’m guessing there is a problem at the T-mobile end of things.  Totally speculating here but there are probably a lot of these being opened up as Christmas presents this morning.  Maybe it’s saturating their capacity to register/pair them all.

Userlevel 1

Our SyncUP watch says it is paired after many tries; but the phone app still thinks it needs to connect. IDK if we should do a factory reset and begin again?

Having same issues. One watch is showing up but has been pairing for hours, but wont go past the pairing setup screen. The other never paired but she is on the activities screen and we can’t figure out how to go back and pair it (no setting menu available). And no I did not mix them up, which is the first guess by everyone.

Same issue here 

I tried calling yesterday, they did not set IMEI and SIM right at store. Got to pairing point and let the tech go as I was in a rush for Church and of course continued to have issues 🤦‍♀️. Goes through on the app but watch is not connected. Now I don’t know how to reset app to try again. T-Mobile was no help today and just wanted to order a new watch. 

Does anyone know how to reset the app and start fresh?

Same issue here. I did a soft reset on phone, deleted the app and then downloaded it again… still same issue. Watch wants to pair, app wont give me the option, continues to say “setting up profile, hang tight...”. I am interested in what Tmobile says if anyone speaks to them. I figured they would be closed today

Same issue. What a POS. How do you even put the SIM card in it? I never put mine in and it says it has a signal. Phone app thinks it is paired and the watch doesn’t.  No way to reset it.  

Customer service failing. Left AT&T for crap service,  now getting the same here. Way to screw up Christmas morning for my little girl with a shitty product. 

Userlevel 1

Lochness wrote

A few other things I have tried since looking for an answer to the SyncUP issue. 

If you swipe right you can get to the settings screen and the QR code for the phone is in their. My IPhone qr reader could t detect it well enough so I used to IMEI # that is located on the back of the watch. I tried to do a “manual” set up using that number and it did try to go through the process for me. After a few minutes it said network error and to try again later. 

this leads me to believe that so many of us waited until Christmas Day and the network is just over run with new devices being set up but also all the holiday call? I will get back to post if we succeed.

Soft reset by pushing in button located on right hand side of watch- brings up options to 1. Call 911, 2. Restart the watch or 3. Turn watch off. 

Same exact problems. They don't know how to factor reset or anything yet. I've spent 2 hours on the phone with them so far today. Watch is working now, but app still trying to pair. No way to progress . . .

My first watch synced after multiple tries.

Second watch wouldn’t sync. At one point the watch stopped giving the sync screen. Customer support said to go to settings (swipe down), then watch info and then scroll down to software info. Tap on that writing 8 times (yes just on the letters, it’s random but works) and you will get a new menu with “restore factory settings”.

So I restored factory settings and got the startup sync menu back. Again, took multiple tries and the now the phone app accepted the watch, but the watch doesn’t know and is still asking to pair. Within the phone app I have had the “setting up profile” message for a number of hours as well and the watch is stuck on the “start pairing” screen. Lame.

First watch is working great even though it didn’t want to sync at first lol, my other daughter isn’t so stoked hers isn’t :(

Same problem! T-Mobile tech dept had to put a ticket in for my problem. 

Second watch wouldn’t sync. At one point the watch stopped giving the sync screen. Customer support said to go to settings (swipe down), then watch info and then scroll down to software info. Tap on that writing 8 times (yes just on the letters, it’s random but works) and you will get a new menu with “restore factory settings”.

Awesome!  Called 611 and there’s a TWO HOUR WAIT for a callback.

Needed to figure out a way to factory reset, since there’s no info on the TMo website.  Very poorly supported device in terms of self-serve information.

Hopefully it will pair right this time (last time, the watch thought it was paired, but the app didn’t).

So I finally got this solved. Hopefully these tid bits help someone else. Merry Christmas! 

A. If it won't connect right at first. Need to call tmobile and get them to switch the watch account from timex to a syncup account. 

B. Try over and over to pair it. Took multiple sloppy tries. 

C. Make sure Bluetooth on device is on. 

D. If you are stuck where the watch is working but app still says you need to sync. You need to factory reset. To do so is insane, but you have to on the phone go to settings, then "about watch", then tap "software version" 8 times. Then select factory reset. 

E. I couldn't ever get it to work from my wife's iPhone 12, it was super painful. But I tried it from my android and it worked perfectly and fast the first time. Id advise trying from a different device then adding that other iPhone as a guardian. 

F. To add Guardian, just add a contact at that point, then select it as a guardian (gives parental controls to that other person too)

2 hours spent getting it working. Hopefully this saves you guys time. 

Userlevel 1

Our SyncUP watch says it is paired after many tries; but the phone app still thinks it needs to connect. IDK if we should do a factory reset and begin again?

Finally got it. Even though his watch thought it was paired the app did not agree. :(  Deleted app on phone and went straight to “manual set up” . We used the 15 digit code on back of watch again and it asked if we checked phone paired on the watch- we said yes and  just made sure our phone didn’t go to Lock Screen and it worked! 
Hope this helps. 

Worked after speaking with technical support. 

Some SIMs and IMEI numbers were linked incorrectly. 

It’s busy today due to Christmas but once i reached tech support, the fixed it within 10 minutes.

Worked after speaking with technical support. 

Some SIMs and IMEI numbers were linked incorrectly. 

It’s busy today due to Christmas but once i reached tech support, the fixed it within 10 minutes.

Same here. Wait time was 2 hours, but my callback came within 30 minutes.

IMEI was verified, rep made some change, pairing worked immediately.

He wanted me to unpair so we could do it again to make sure it worked, and I said FORGET THAT, cut and run when it was working.

Kid is happy now, Merry Christmas everyone!

Userlevel 1

Like many have said after multiple pairing attempts it finally worked. Sometimes I tried to pair from my iPhone sometimes I started pairing process from the watch. It sounds like android phones paired up much easier than iPhones. Calling customer service helped in my case as they worked on the IDCC number on the back of the watch. It appears that the since the watch was new and still in the box it wasn’t set up like when get a new phone. My wife was pissed because I was locked in on getting this watch instead of normal Christmas morning time but my 9 year old son was so excited when I put it on his wrist. He’s called me about 25 times today.

Yes the process sucked but he loves his watch/phone so the pain was totally worth it. Merry Christmas to all. 

Userlevel 1

My total time on the phone with the customer service rep was 1hour 50 minutes. I also got new iPhones for my wife and I for Christmas. That I’ll go into the store for to switch out the old SIM cards. The kids watch has lots of cool features. The tasks list is just what my son needs. The school zone feature is also a good one. You definitely need to emphasize the 911 feature so they don’t use it mistakenly. Also make sure the phone is insured because who knows how it will go as far as lost or broken (with my son at least). Only put numbers in that you can control in the school zone. Setup use parameters so they understand the phone is for emergencies and not for chit chat. My son is 9 and in the 5th grade so he doesn’t have a clue since this is his first experience of having his own means of communication. Anyway these are my takeaways so far. He loves his new watch/phone.  

My first watch synced after multiple tries.

So I restored factory settings and got the startup sync menu back. Again, took multiple tries and the now the phone app accepted the watch, but the watch doesn’t know and is still asking to pair. Within the phone app I have had the “setting up profile” message for a number of hours as well and the watch is stuck on the “start pairing” screen. Lame.

First watch is working great even though it didn’t want to sync at first lol, my other daughter isn’t so stoked hers isn’t :(

Thank you so much! I was able to do a factory reset by following your instructions. I was able to pair again with no issues.