Solved

SyncUP worked and then went offline

• 28 December 2017
  • 11 replies

This has been real nice in tracking business and pleasure mileage until it went offline .  I got it back online  when I realized this had happened but found it is offline again.  Why is it going offline?  Is this something that is going to happen from  now on? 

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 29 December 2017, 22:09

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey, @magenta1440208!

I'm sure this product is super beneficial....when it's working! I checked out a few things and saw that there were a few hiccups within the week that caused a few hiccups (one being the device showing offline). Is this still happening or has it resolved itself? Everything should be up and running now.

I am sick and tired of this offline bull$hit. We moved over from Zubie and added FIVE devices to SyncUp and it is offline way too much and always at the worst times like when we are trying to keep tabs on our 17 year old son. You know, as marketed one of the most important reasons to have this device. If it doesn't work when you need it then it is a USELESS POS.

Yes, it did resolve it self.  

How do I fix the OFFLINE issue with the T-Mobile syncing tracker ??

How do a fix offline problem.

Badge

DO NOT BUY A SYNC UP!!!!!!!

This sync up tracker is nothing but garbage! I got this to track my granddaughter’s bus so I’ll know when to pick her up since it’s never on time. I noticed that by the time she got home the battery was half drained and I was having to charge it everyday. My understanding was the battery should last up to 7 days. So I called Tmobile and at first they said it was past the 14 day warranty but that they would send me a new one anyway. A week went by and no tracker. Checked my email and never got a confirmation and nothing showing on my account so I called again. Turns out they never sent a replacement out and was giving me the same old runaround about the warranty and I would have to pay $20. After going round and round with them they finally said they would replace it BUT FIRST I had to take it to a Tmobile repair store and have a technician check it out and fill out the claim form….WTF?!!!!  I don’t have a repair nearby and by this time I was just so pissed I said forget it I’ll just keep this one and deal with charging it everyday. WELL..today while tracking my granddaughter’s bus the tracker wasn’t updating. I knew the buses were going to be behind schedule today but after 30 min it still kept telling me she was still at school! I called the school and nope the bus had left over 15 min ago!!!! When she got home I checked the tracker on the app and it said Offline and No Internet Connection. Grrrrrr!!!!!   So I figured maybe it needs to be charged so after charging I tried again and it was still telling me offline. So then I rebooted my phone thinking that would help but again showing offline! I am so pissed because I had to add another line for this POS!!!!!! I should of known better and went with something else!

What’s going on with the SYNCUP Drive… over the past two weeks it’s been going offline about every other day here in NYC for a few hours at a time at all times of the day. 

Userlevel 2

I returned my first SyncUp Tracker under the buyer’s remorse option and replaced it with a brand new SyncUp Tracker. The second device worked reasonably well, although the tracker accuracy can be off by as much a city block. This is especially frustrating when the device doesn’t quite register as being located within the wide radius of a home, virtual boundary.

Another annoying factor with the second device was the eventual inability of the app to generate device notifications. A software update evidently corrected this issue but the software update, apparently, caused another problem. Each day, the SyncUp device would go offline for no apparent reason. The device could not be brought back online without some tricky steps. I had to remove the device, delete the app, reinstall the app, add the device again, and power off and power on the device multiple times.

I got tired of dealing with a non-functioning SyncUp device so I generated a warranty claim with T-Mobile. The T-Mobile representative assured me I would receive a brand new device. The representative either lied to me or didn’t know what she was talking about. I received a refurbished model that was actually older than the unit it was sent to replace. The refurbished SyncUp device didn’t arrive with a USB charging block or a proprietary charging cable.

The refurbished model was preprogrammed with a SIM card matching the defective model’s phone number. The only way I could test the second SyncUp device was to delete the first device. The T-Mobile technical support representative provided me with an extended period of time to return the first device in case I encountered problems with the refurbished replacement.

I told the T-Mobile representative that I would not accept another refurbished SyncUp device if the replacement showed the slightest sign of a problem. The SyncUp Tracker comes with a 1-year warranty. Mine failed in less than 6 weeks. SyncUp Trackers are not expensive devices. If the SyncUp unit fails under warranty a T-Mobile customer should receive new SyncUp device, not someone else’s old headache.

Also, no T-Mobile customer should be compelled to pay any warranty exchange fee for a device that was rendered inoperable as the result of a insufficiently engineered software update.

Userlevel 2

The SyncUp device did not begin going offline until after the application update on or about March 3, 2023. I spoke with an advanced technical support representative from T-Mobile about the issue. The tech rep said that at least some of the SyncUp devices failed to receive and/or properly load the update information associated with the early March application update.

If the offline issue was merely a matter of geography or environment, the problem would have made itself known immediately, not a month or two after activating the SyncUp Tracker. The virtual boundaries have not changed and the daily location of the tracker remains consistent. Additionally, the offline error can occur anywhere, for no apparent reason. The device does not automatically go online, even when the device is in motion for a significant amount of time and traveling over the course of many miles.

How do I get the sync up tracker back online? I've tried turning it on and off several times to no avail 

I have had two trackers since March. The two vehicles are parked right next to each other every night. Then 2 weeks ago one of them went offline. I spent an hour on the phone with a T-mobile representative who ended up not knowing a solution. I went to a T-Mobile store a few days later with the problem. They told me the device has no warranty and they had no idea why it was offline . So I bought another new one for about $100. It worked fine for about 4 days and then went offline again. My 2nd car that has one is still working fine. I am at a loss and frustrated as to how to proceed.