Question

Dial it XX

Badge

i have four lines on my account. For one of the accounts, there is a text labeled ‘Dial it xx”.  What does this mean?  There are a lot of those over the last few months and I cannot figure out what kind of text that would be.  Any help is appreciated!

13 replies

I was wondering what this is also it showed up on bill 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It seems extremely strange to see random text messages labeled like that. Have you looked at the phone for that timeframe to see if there were any text messages that match the time and date for that message? That is usually the best way to figure out exactly what it means. 

If anyone would be able to share a screenshot of those message logs, I could also take a deeper look into what those messages mean. 

what do you need the number and dates of Dial it xx

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As an example.  If you see that Dial XX on your usage for say, Monday at 3PM.  Check the messages in your device for a message at that time.  Maybe that will offer a clue to what it is.  If it doesn’t but you find something corresponding to the time,  Screenshot it and post it here to see if anyone else recognizes the message and perhaps what it comes from.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If you are willing to share a screenshot of what you see, that is usually best. A picture is worth a thousand words, so seeing it usually helps give extra context. If you are more comfortable explaining, then share any information you have about the call or message. Date and time, number, destination, direction, and type. If you can see a corresponding message at that time on the person's phone, that information would be helpful as well because it could help us explain why it shows up as Dial it xx. 

Thanks for sharing whatever you can! 

It's in the location. Say if my husband text me n he's outside for example it shows his number on the text everything is correct but the location says dial it xx or a random city and state. I dunno if it's a free or secret tale and text app. Or if he's got location off on phone with some fake GPS causing it but I'm pretty sure it's a free talk and text app. I'm experience the same 

If you are willing to share a screenshot of what you see, that is usually best. A picture is worth a thousand words, so seeing it usually helps give extra context. If you are more comfortable explaining, then share any information you have about the call or message. Date and time, number, destination, direction, and type. If you can see a corresponding message at that time on the person's phone, that information would be helpful as well because it could help us explain why it shows up as Dial it xx. 

Heaven, this is the number I see on our bill…May you help explain? We tried figuring it out and my spouse said to just contact T-Mobile about it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Heaven, this is the number I see on our bill…May you help explain? We tried figuring it out and my spouse said to just contact T-Mobile about it. 

Thank you soo much for the screenshots! They really do help a lot to understand what you are seeing and gives more context. Couple other questions. Are there text messages on the phone that correspond with these times? Are they all from the same number on the phone, or different people? Are they in the regular messaging app or in a third party messaging app?

I have an idea of what might be going on, but I want to clarify these details with y’all before I jump to any conclusions. Thanks!

No not on text messages that we can compare the times to. Same number. Regular texting app from iPhone. Thank you for you help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

So I learned a few things. Dial it is an app on the app store that has a few different uses. You should check and make sure that it is not installed on the phone that is showing this in the call log. It could also be on the phone that is texting your daughter, but that may not be possible for you to check. 

I also learned that the number that shows in your screenshots @TEJAS21 is on the Verizon network. There are some reports that the number has something to do with the Verizon app Message+. It could just be that in one of the caller id databases has the caller id name for that number as “Dial It, XX”. 

From this information, what it sounds like is happening is that someone is using the Message+ app. They send a text message which is a whole bundle of information. When the message goes to the network, it shows that system 558 phone number ahead of the actual phone number of the sender. Some database has that number as Dial it, XX for whatever reason so that is also tied to the information that the network sees for the message, so that is what is shown on the network log (MyT-Mobile.com). When the phone receives the whole bundle, it finds the actual sender phone number along with the actual text message and that is what is displayed in the phone. 

I hope this makes some sense and is helpful. 😃

@HeavenM Not quite fully Understanding yet because I tried downloading the message+ app that you are talking about from Verizon and it does not show up on our bill but maybe you have to be a Verizon customer in order for it to show up??? maybe? I’ll ask family members if they have Verizon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You do not need to have the Message+ app. The Message+ app allows users to send messages with more features. If the person that is texting you has that app and uses it to text, that would be one explanation for why the message log on your account shows that number. On your phone you can still use the built-in message app and get messages from anyone that is sending to your number from that Verizon Messages+ app. 

If you are trying to find the phone number that is actually sending those messages to you, you will need to review the messages in your phone. The message logs on the online account are all in PST, not in your local time. That means that you may need to add 1-3 hours to the time shown on your account to find the right message on your phone. For example, my last text message in my online account shows 11:12AM but I am in Mountain time so I have to add an hour. That lines up with the time of the message on my phone which was 12:12PM. 

Does this answer your question?