Solved

My T-mobile app for prepaid

• 26 October 2018
  • 29 replies

The My T-mobile app hasn't worked for almost a month. I called 611 and they said it doesn't work with prepaid accounts. Is this true?

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 2 November 2018, 23:24

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Somebody forgot to tell me! I have a Pay As You Go $3 a month for 13 months. There have been times that it was down for certain reasons. I got my app from the Google Play Store. My current version is 7.3.1.6 . To check your version go to APPS> look for T-Mobile and underneath it should give the version. You might want to uninstall the app and go to the Play Store and reinstall. Are you using your phone service?  When I go to PREPAID REFILL I have to use my WiFi to add money (using a credit card as I don't use refill cards) to finish out the transaction. I will check here if it will help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

jtb4980: I pray, and hope, I haven't "pooped in my mess kit"! Just got off the phone with CS (611), and she said the same thing the agent told you that the T-Mobile app does not work on prepaid account. Man! I hope they don't shut me off! We'll see.

Userlevel 4

The documentation at T-Mobile My Account app  suggests prepaid works with the app, based on wording.

Sorry I forgot to mention the app for iOS. It seems odd to have an app that would not work for all customers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

What is strange I wonder why the CS agent told me this morning it wouldn't work on a prepaid account. I appreciate your help!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I have only owned smartphones. I had some issues with Apple several years ago.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

What iOS version are you using on your phone? When you try to use the app, do you get some kind of error message?

>

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Have you already tried to uninstall/reinstall? What version of the app is showing when you download it?

Yes I reinstalled a few times and actually just setup up a new phone yesterday and it still doesn't work. I'm not sure what version it is it's the latest that's in the App Store.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

My app stopped working this morning. I tried a couple of minutes ago to reinstall, and that doesn't work either. I just did a FORCED TO STOP. I am taking it that the app is not for prepaid accounts. I'll look for that list of short codes. I'm ok with that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'm seeing we've been getting reports of a few issues with the app but not the exact error that your getting. I think you'll wanna Community-2153​ and have our Team of Experts or T-Force folks file a ticket for this.

Userlevel 3

Hey Everyone!

We did a bit more digging and did find this to be true for most prepaid accounts. We're in the process of upgrading the MyT-Mobile App experience for our prepaid users which will hopefully provide more options than you had before. Sorry you weren't notified a head of time, however, while we're fixing it up, you can have a few other ways you can manage your account here.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Perfect! I went through the list, especially the area for Prepaid.  I am a little irritated that I got the app working, the site broke down some days ago, and the app stopped working. Now I cannot get the app deleted. How many T-Mobile customers use Prepaid accounts? However, I am glad that T-Mobile is going to repair the app. Thanks!

Userlevel 3

I'm sure a heads up would've been super helpful. As far as how many prepaid customers we have, I honestly have no idea. Thanks for looking on the bright side and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. 😊

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Whilst you're here I believe you gave a link for short codes. I can use 3 of the codes for my prepaid account (233, 225, & 999). I went to the Quick Memo + on my phone and typed what I needed for future reference. Great idea!

There is absolutely no acceptable reason not to notify users when an app is disabled for an entire class of customers.  I'm a prepaid customer - in addition to the app not working, I haven't been able to get the website to work for about three weeks. 

When I called 1 (800) 866-2453 on the phone earlier I was notified that the app no longer works for prepaid accounts.  There are easily four different ways T-Mobile could have told me this - they have my phone number, my e-mail address, my mailing address, and whatever app permissions I gave them initially.  (Or they could have just posted a notice on the website remarking upon the change, so that's actually five.)

The first woman I talked to told me I had to pay for next month in order to talk to technical support.  When I protested because my plan is not due for 5 or 6 days, she told me it was optional.  The "technical support" woman I talked to wanted to change my rate plan so they could troubleshoot the website, and tried to convince me that I could change my plan back if I didn't like the new rate plan.  Something fishy is going on, and as much as I love my stupid-cheap prepaid T-Mobile plan, I'm looking for a new carrier immediately.  Seems like they're trying to push us out of existence.

Amazingly, the T Mobile app used to work perfectly in iOS on my iPod Touch with NO SIM in the device. After an app upgrade, the developers "smartly" decided the device must have a T-Mob SIM. App FAIL. Fast forward to my recently acquiring a new Android smartphone with a T-Mobile SIM (but no data plan...voice only), and the T-Mob app will not work on that device either! I was told by T-Mob on Facebrick that it actually requires a data plan. LAME! However, I can still access my pay-as-you-go account via T-Mob's website. Go figure!

I have been a T-mo prepaid customer since September 2018. The T-Mobile app has never worked.  when I first got the service with an LG G5 (RS988) unlocked the store told me in 48 hours my online account would be ready to go and the app and web site would work, not true and I even called support.  I was told the current app worked only for post paid. I just tried the app on the Moto x4 I got since I had some issues with the LG. The Moto x4 is running android 9 pie. I get a message the app is not available due to technical difficulties.

It would be nice if the app worked for prepaid 

Any idea of the timeline to get this working?

I agree with all the comments that t-mobile should have communicated this better.  I just setup a pre-paid and i would have done things differently had i known this.  So far my experience has not been the best - had to call and sit on hold for 60 minutes to get my VM setup, now I cannot setup VVM (which may also be related to a pre-paid account), and the my t-mobile app doesn't work.  All-in-all, not the best experience.

I have no issues with visual voice mail that works and I'm on the Simply Prepaid plan.

I am on Simply Prepaid plan and I too cant access my account using this app!!

This is absurd.

How’s the upgrade going…? Bad?

Well I'm a very new customer to T-Mobile and was quite impressed with being able to chat with an agent anytime. That was one of the things that drew me in. I was also told you be sure to get the T-Mobile app for T-Mobile Tuesdays by the agent that helped me sign up. That was also amazing to hear. Now I only learn after having prepaid service that I can't have either of those available to me now. I really feel like I was misled as well as completely given the wrong information by the agent who reminded me about the app that I can't have. I really thought T-Mobile was going to be better than this, I just changed over from a government phone, and they had the worst customer service I've ever seen. I was really hoping to have a normal customer service experience now but it's not quite what it was before I signed up.