Question

T-Mobile ID

Userlevel 3
Badge

Does any one know how to create a T-Mobile ID and access the account? I started T-Mobile 5G internet service on April 22 and have been trying since that time to create a T-Mobile ID. Despite numerous calls to customer service no one has been able to assist. The error message I kept getting was “We're sorry, we don't recognize this email.” Yet, I input the exact email I used when signing up for internet service, and T-Mobile has sent me several emails (including the "You're In" email, confirmation of order email, terms of service mail, as well as several marketing emails).

Finally (May 12), when trying to create a T-Mobile ID I received a message that there already is a T-Mobile ID associated with my email address. FINALLY (after more than 20 attempts at various times and using different browsers).

However, now the issue is that when I try to log-in I get a screen asking for my telephone number to link to my account and a confirmation code will be sent. When I enter my telephone number (non- T-Mobile) an error message pops up “Please verify your 10 digit T-Mobile phone number is correct.” 

I am stuck in a maze of never-ending loops -- first I could not create a T-Mobile ID since my email supposedly was not recognized, and now I cannot access my account because I receive an error message that I am not entering a T-Mobile phone number. I do not have T-Mobile phone service, and when I enter the phone number listed on my 5G internet gateway I get the error message that I was getting when initially trying to create a T-Mobile ID: “We're sorry, we don't recognize this email.”

17 replies

I am having exact same problem. Just want to pay the bill someone please help

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Cheinr0064.

I recently contacted customer service again (fifth or sixth time), and was told that I am not able to access my T-Mobile account if I do not have T-Mobile telephone service -- of course, the customer service person was happy to tell me of the great current offers that T-Mobile has on telephone lines. I have no interest in getting T-Mobile phone service since I already have an annual prepaid telephone service.

However, I think it is a little dubious that a home internet-only customer cannot access their account. Every time I telephone customer service I get a different explanation as to why I am not able to create a T-Mobile ID or access my account.

• The first time I was told that my account was “locked” -- the person said they unlocked my account, but said that there was a problem with the Create ID page and that I should try again in a few days.
  • After a few days and still unable to create a T-Mobile ID, when I phoned customer service I was told that the person who took my order for home internet service did not enter my email address and that is why the system was not recognizing my email. That was incorrect because I had received numerous emails from T-Mobile (as noted in my initial post).

A week ago, when I contacted a customer service person in the Rebate department (I needed to log into my account in order to claim the rebate), this person actually told me that there is an ongoing issue with creating a T-Mobile ID. This is the only time anyone at T-Mobile has admitted that there is a technical glitch in the system. That is not surprising since people have been posting about this issue for over a year in the Community forum.

To create an account with any other company, all you need to do is to fill in personal information and an email, and an account is created. Why T-Mobile is unable to allow a customer to access their account is beyond me.

Anyway, if you ever figure out how to access your account, please share that information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The router is attached to a telephone number and it should be on your bill.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the reply, although, unfortunately, that does not work for me.

As noted in my initial posting, when I enter the phone number listed on my 5G internet gateway (modem), it takes me back to the error message that I was getting when initially trying to create a T-Mobile ID: “We're sorry, we don't recognize this email.”

I have received numerous text messages from customer service to my 5G internet gateway (modem), but when trying to access my account, the webpage will not send me a one-time verification code to the modem. Instead, I simply get the initial error message: “We're sorry, we don't recognize this email” even though my email already has been recognized.

It is a maze of never-ending dead ends.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What's strange is that Tmobile has a support page telling you to create a Tmobile ID for home internet.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/home-internet

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Supposedly solved.

Userlevel 3
Badge

tomwil, thanks for the link. Unfortunately, the information provided there is a link to a Sign-in page, which is where I started originally, and have been trying numerous times over the past four weeks.

The Sign-up page linked in HeavenM’s message requests first and last name, email, and password. When I click the “Create T-Mobile ID” button, the next screen that pops up is the “Link your phone number to your T-Mobile account.”

If I put in a non-T-Mobile phone number, the error message is that I need to put in a T-Mobile phone number.

When I put in the phone number on the 5G internet gateway (modem), the error message is that my email is not recognized.

Yet, T-Mobile has sent more than a dozen messages to my email, including an email message on May 12 that my “T-Mobile ID is officially ready to use.”

It is a never-ending maze of dead ends.

If anyone knows the answer, please provide some insights. I have telephoned T-Mobile customer service numerous times; although the customer service people are friendly and courteous, they have been unable to assist.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Yet, T-Mobile has sent more than a dozen messages to my email, including an email message on May 12 that my “T-Mobile ID is officially ready to use.”

Just to understand, are you able to log into T-Mobile ( https://account.t-mobile.com/signin ) using just your email address and password?

Seems you were able to log into this community without a phone number.

Now that probably doesn’t solve whether your gateway and the gateway phone number are in your T-Mobile account.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello. Thanks for asking.

After weeks of trying to create a T-Mobile ID on the T-Mobile website (t-mobile.com/isp), and continually getting the error message “We’re sorry, we don’t recognize this email,” on May 10 I received an email titled “Give your T-Mobile home internet an edge.” That email essentially provided tips on how to set up the T-Mobile gateway (even though I had set up my T-Mobile internet three weeks earlier). When I clicked on the link in the email I was taken to https://www.t-mobile.com/support/home-internet. Near the bottom of that page there was a section titled, “Still need help?” with a link: “Go to T-Mobile Community.” Having tried everything else, I thought, why not. In order to make a posting I needed to sign in. I figured that would be futile, but I gave it a try, and voila, I was logged into the Community and able to make a posting. When I went back to my personal email, I had received an email message titled “Welcome to My T-Mobile,” which included the message that my “T-Mobile ID is officially ready to use.”

Unfortunately, when I go to the T-Mobile website and try to log into my T-Mobile account, I run into the problems noted above -- if I enter a non-T-Mobile phone number I get the error message that I need to verify my 10-digit T-Mobile telephone number. If I enter the telephone number on my 5G internet gateway, I get the error message “We’re sorry, we don’t recognize this email” (which contradicts the previous email from T-Mobile titled “Welcome to My T-Mobile” notifying me that my “T-Mobile ID is officially ready to use”).

In sum, yes, it seems I was able to log into the T-Mobile Community without needing to enter a phone number -- this also apparently established my T-Mobile ID. On the other hand, I still cannot log into my T-Mobile account. I have tried that on the main T-Mobile webpage (url you provided), as well as using the “My account” pulldown menu in the upper right corner on the T-Mobile Community webpage, as well as the T-Mobile app.

So I can come in the backdoor and participate in the T-Mobile Community with my T-Mobile ID, but cannot enter through the front door and access my T-Mobile account due to getting stuck on the page asking me to enter a telephone number.

@MajorRathbone

I am having the exact same experience you described. Stuck at verifying my phone number, which I am unsure if I am supposed to include the phone number associated with my T-Mobile 5G home internet, or if I am supposed to include my real mobile phone number, which I have through a different carrier. Either way, no number that I enter works. I was able to create security questions when signing up to participate in this forum. Hopefully they fix this soon.

I will comment on each of these issues/comments in hopes that they will resolve this issue. I am having the same problem and T-mobile refuses to resolve an issue. 

Badge

Does any one know how to create a T-Mobile ID and access the account? I started T-Mobile 5G internet service on April 22 and have been trying since that time to create a T-Mobile ID. Despite numerous calls to customer service no one has been able to assist. The error message I kept getting was “We're sorry, we don't recognize this email.” Yet, I input the exact email I used when signing up for internet service, and T-Mobile has sent me several emails (including the "You're In" email, confirmation of order email, terms of service mail, as well as several marketing emails).

Finally (May 12), when trying to create a T-Mobile ID I received a message that there already is a T-Mobile ID associated with my email address. FINALLY (after more than 20 attempts at various times and using different browsers).

However, now the issue is that when I try to log-in I get a screen asking for my telephone number to link to my account and a confirmation code will be sent. When I enter my telephone number (non- T-Mobile) an error message pops up “Please verify your 10 digit T-Mobile phone number is correct.” 

I am stuck in a maze of never-ending loops -- first I could not create a T-Mobile ID since my email supposedly was not recognized, and now I cannot access my account because I receive an error message that I am not entering a T-Mobile phone number. I do not have T-Mobile phone service, and when I enter the phone number listed on my 5G internet gateway I get the error message that I was getting when initially trying to create a T-Mobile ID: “We're sorry, we don't recognize this email.”

Hello, I had that problem and I called T-Mobile "again" and a customer service representative did a complaint ticket to restart the process with the email you want to use.  It takes a few hours and you can go back in to make a new T-Mobile I. D. 

I have the same problem. Cannot log into the T-mobile account. If I use the phone number associated with the router, it says my email is not recognized. I cannot set up auto pay at store either. It says my card cannot be validated. Very weird, and the sales people in the store cannot help anything. 

How did you solve the problem eventually?

I’m having this exact same problem. It’s been going on for about 9 months or so? I was able to create a “community” login so I can post here in the forums, but accessing my account is completely blocked.

It’s really kind of nuts the phone number you are required to enter seems like it MUST be a t-mobile phone number. It’s specifically asking for a number to use to send a confirmation text to.

@MajorRathbone

I am having the exact same experience you described. Stuck at verifying my phone number, which I am unsure if I am supposed to include the phone number associated with my T-Mobile 5G home internet, or if I am supposed to include my real mobile phone number, which I have through a different carrier. Either way, no number that I enter works. I was able to create security questions when signing up to participate in this forum. Hopefully they fix this soon.

I’m having this exact same problem. It’s been going on for about 9 months or so? I was able to create a “community” login so I can post here in the forums, but accessing my account is completely blocked.

It’s really kind of nuts the phone number you are required to enter seems like it MUST be a t-mobile phone number. It’s specifically asking for a number to use to send a confirmation text to.

Yes,why can they not send a confirmation text to a non tmobile phone number?

tomwil, thanks for the link. Unfortunately, the information provided there is a link to a Sign-in page, which is where I started originally, and have been trying numerous times over the past four weeks.

The Sign-up page linked in HeavenM’s message requests first and last name, email, and password. When I click the “Create T-Mobile ID” button, the next screen that pops up is the “Link your phone number to your T-Mobile account.”

If I put in a non-T-Mobile phone number, the error message is that I need to put in a T-Mobile phone number.

When I put in the phone number on the 5G internet gateway (modem), the error message is that my email is not recognized.

It is a never-ending maze of dead ends.

If anyone knows the answer, please provide some insights. I have telephoned T-Mobile customer service numerous times; although the customer service people are friendly and courteous, they have been unable to assist.

Same thing happened to me.

I gave up on registering on their website.It seems for their posts that it has been a problem for a long time and no one want to fix it?