Question

T-Mobile support saying not to trust sales team but trust bill

• 13 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Below is an email from sales team giving me my bill break down if I signup with t-mobile. As you see they told me that a $1000 trade-in value will be offered to “phone 1” but now they are saying it’s only $800. 

What does the community think that t-mobile should do? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

not trying to be “that” guy...but what exactly are you expecting the sites posters to do? are we supposed to brow beat the TMO agents into doing what WE think they should be doing for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there @SivaA We really like to have predictable bills, especially when signing up for one of the great offers for new phones. Since no one here has access to account information, we would need a little more information to go off of in order to give good advice. 

Do you know the name of the trade-in promotion that you were signing up for? What plan did they activate your service with? What phone did you get as “phone 1, 2, and 3”? Did you sign up for service with that person that day or did you wait a bit to think on it? 

Thanks for providing a bit more context so we can help you better. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The one thing I would like to add as a customer.  Always know what you are signing up for and agreeing to with these promotions and service agreements.  An informed customer is a smart customer!  Always read the terms and conditions as well as the requirements for every promotion.  If you have any questions after doing that.  The T-Force Team can be reached via DM on Facebook or Twitter to always ask answer any questions related to eligibility, fees, and other aspects you might be unsure of or need clarification on.  

Badge

@fireguy_6364 I don’t think the site can do anything. At the same time, I want to point out that T-Mobile is aware of this scam that their sales people are doing and not taking any action. I have seen many posts in this community related to the promises sales team make and that are not honored.

@HeavenM “predictable bills”. Isn’t that my problem too. When I first call sales to move to t-mobile, they have promised me certain credits that are not showing up on the bill. I was offered a trade-in of $1000 for Iphone 11 pro max if the phone is in good shape. T-mobile has accept my phone with no concerns so I expected them to credit me $1000. Instead they are now saying that there is no promotion at that time for $1000 so they are only offered me $800. As I posted above an email from t-mobile employee mentioning a $1000 trade-in credit so isn’t that T-Mobile’s responsibility to honor that ? If not, then they are agreeing to the fact that their sales people can scam the people just to sign them up as a t-mobile user.

@syaoran I don’t I have to reply you. Your signature says it all “Syaoran - I am not a T-Mobile Employee but I could use a new job!”. Anyway, just to entertain what you are saying, do you mean that I have to verify what T-Mobile Sales team is saying correct or wrong ? I was under the impression that a T-Mobile employee already knows the promotions and they are communicating the correct information. Are you saying that “T-MOBILE SALES TEAM CAN MISLEAD THEIR FUTURE CUSOMERS AND CUSTOMERS SHOULDN”T BELIEVE THEM” ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@fireguy_6364 I don’t think the site can do anything. At the same time, I want to point out that T-Mobile is aware of this scam that their sales people are doing and not taking any action. I have seen many posts in this community related to the promises sales team make and that are not honored.

@HeavenM “predictable bills”. Isn’t that my problem too. When I first call sales to move to t-mobile, they have promised me certain credits that are not showing up on the bill. I was offered a trade-in of $1000 for Iphone 11 pro max if the phone is in good shape. T-mobile has accept my phone with no concerns so I expected them to credit me $1000. Instead they are now saying that there is no promotion at that time for $1000 so they are only offered me $800. As I posted above an email from t-mobile employee mentioning a $1000 trade-in credit so isn’t that T-Mobile’s responsibility to honor that ? If not, then they are agreeing to the fact that their sales people can scam the people just to sign them up as a t-mobile user.

@syaoran I don’t I have to reply you. Your signature says it all “Syaoran - I am not a T-Mobile Employee but I could use a new job!”. Anyway, just to entertain what you are saying, do you mean that I have to verify what T-Mobile Sales team is saying correct or wrong ? I was under the impression that a T-Mobile employee already knows the promotions and they are communicating the correct information. Are you saying that “T-MOBILE SALES TEAM CAN MISLEAD THEIR FUTURE CUSOMERS AND CUSTOMERS SHOULDN”T BELIEVE THEM” ?

At the store level, there are a lot of independently owned stores where the employees might represent T-Mobile but are not T-Mobile employees.  Also, people make mistakes as well.  Whether it's just poor training on what a promotion actually includes, understanding these constantly changing deals, or just lying for the sale.  It is always good to make sure that what you are told is correct.  

Badge

@syaoran I called T-Mobile sales team using my phone. So this is T-Mobile employee I am talking about. Also my posted email has the from address (now blacked out) confirms that he is a t-mobile employee.

Training the employees is T-Mobile company responsibility. I understand mistakes happen, but customers shouldn’t be penalized for T-Mobile employee mistakes. T-Mobile is responsible for not training their employees properly. 

All I am saying is, T-Mobile should honor the credits what their employee has promised (mistakenly or intentionally) . The credits lead me to make the decision on joining T-Mobile as a customer.