Text Messages From Python Program No Longer Getting Through

• 13 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

For many months I have been using a program written in Python to send:

(1) Text messages to a T-Mobile phone,

(2) Text messages to an AT&T phone,

(3) Email messages to an email account.

As of 5 days ago (7/8/2023) the T-Mobile phone no longer gets any texts but the AT&T phone still gets all texts and the email gets all messages.

I have experimented with sending text messages to the T-Mobile phone from email accounts and those are received by the phone.  I do this by emailing a message to ##########@tmomail.net.  That is the same way the Python program sends texts.

3 replies

Same. I am having this exact issue. No idea how to send an email that shows as text message on tmobile anymore. 

Badge

Maybe you should try sending from a different email account.

I started using a different email account to send the message to xxxxxxxxx.tmomail.net.

It has been working so far but I could be in a world of hurt if TM starts blocking this account.

Perhaps I should explain what I am doing. 

My wife has been diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease).  Because of that she is confined to a wheelchair and has voice difficulties.  I wanted a way for her to signal me when she needed me.  Not “” I’ve fallen and can’t get up” type of help but just, “I need a drink of water”. 

So I bought an SOS button that transmits a code on a 433MHz carrier.  I got a receiver board that is tuned to the button frequency.  It outputs the pulse train to a GPIO pin on my Raspberry Pi.  I have a python program that detects the pulse train and makes sure it matches the button’s code (I have other devices transmitting a 433MHZ).  If the code is correct the program sends an email to me and a text message to my phone informing me that she pushed the button and at what time. 

It was working fine for many months then TM decided it was spam and no longer forwards messages from that email account.

Badge

It was working for a while now it isn’t.  I get what is shown below.

Maybe it is time to create a database where users can add a line every time a message doesn’t get through.

Anybody have an idea how to do this quickly?

If it needs a URL I’ll by one.

Reporting-MTA: dns; googlemail.comReceived-From-MTA: dns; redacted@gmail.comArrival-Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 19:41:28 -0700 (PDT)X-Original-Message-ID: <653b2358.0d0a0220.59145.0ef9@mx.google.com>Final-Recipient: rfc822; redacted@tmomail.netAction: failedStatus: 4.1.0Remote-MTA: dns; tmo-west.mx.a.cloudfilter.net. (35.85.199.61, the server for the domain tmomail.net.)Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 452 4.1.0 <redacted@gmail.com> server temporarily unavailable AUP#MXRTLast-Attempt-Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 20:57:20 -0700 (PDT)