T-Mobile Tuesdays Grubhub deal

• 23 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

As a T-mobile customer I received the following offer: "Enjoy a 90-day free trial of Grubhub+ and get unlimited free delivery on orders of $12+." I signed up. It was a scam. Here's why: I tried to order the Impossible Taco Salad from Rubio's. At Rubio's it's priced at $10.99 plus sales tax. When I ordered it on Grubhub it was priced at $13.49 + $1.35 sales tax + $1.48 Service fee + $2.50 Driver benefits plus they asked me to add voluntary tip + the driver left my food at my neighbor's door instead of my door. I ended up paying $18.82 instead of $12.34 (Rubio's food price + tax) which is an addition of $6.48 or 52.5%. What a scam! 

2 replies

All these food delivery companies charge the restaurants a fee. So all restaurants naturally the restaurants will raise their prices on these platforms regardless of the free membership you get. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As a T-mobile customer I received the following offer: "Enjoy a 90-day free trial of Grubhub+ and get unlimited free delivery on orders of $12+." I signed up. It was a scam. Here's why: I tried to order the Impossible Taco Salad from Rubio's. At Rubio's it's priced at $10.99 plus sales tax. When I ordered it on Grubhub it was priced at $13.49 + $1.35 sales tax + $1.48 Service fee + $2.50 Driver benefits plus they asked me to add voluntary tip + the driver left my food at my neighbor's door instead of my door. I ended up paying $18.82 instead of $12.34 (Rubio's food price + tax) which is an addition of $6.48 or 52.5%. What a scam! 

Which is why I quit using those apps and go pick up or use the restaurants delivery if they have one.