5G Internet price drop

Badge

I think it's nice of T-Mobile to drop their price to $25. I wish I was told that 2weeks ago when I signed up for the setvice. Especially now that exosting customers can't be put on that price scale.

Even being a10 year customer doesn't saem To matter. One demerit for customer retention. 

iTinkeralot 1 year ago

The “special” seems to have a catch. With a qualifying voice line and AutoPay. 

Limited-time offer; subject to change. Qualifying credit, voice line, and new unlimited Home Internet line required. 

It the terms and conditions are the same or not I don’t know. Sure it would be nice to have to pay ½ as much but only if the service would remain at least what it is for now. From my point of view the solution is still the best option we have and the only maybe possible option would be Verizon wireless but I don’t know if they yet have 5G in this area. No good options here without spending more money.

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

They are doing that for a limited time. They do specials like that all the time fishing for new subscribers. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

They are doing that for a limited time. They do specials like that all the time fishing for new subscribers. 

Is the time limited for getting the deal or limited for how long they will only have to pay $25?  For others to only pay $25 while we current subscribers have to pay $50, is totally unfair, in my opinion.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The “special” seems to have a catch. With a qualifying voice line and AutoPay. 

Limited-time offer; subject to change. Qualifying credit, voice line, and new unlimited Home Internet line required. 

It the terms and conditions are the same or not I don’t know. Sure it would be nice to have to pay ½ as much but only if the service would remain at least what it is for now. From my point of view the solution is still the best option we have and the only maybe possible option would be Verizon wireless but I don’t know if they yet have 5G in this area. No good options here without spending more money.

Badge

I just signed up for internet only last week and it’s $50. The $25 limited offer is only for a new bundle w/ phone and internet and Autopay, like mentioned above. If it’s internet only, it’s $50/mo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I thought the catch was the phone and internet with autopay. Still if a new phone is needed and a line that is a pretty good deal to tap.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I would guess this $25 promotion is in response to the new $25 Verizon 5G Home Internet promotion that also requires a qualifying phone plan.

I guess switching to Verizon would be an option for existing T-Mobile customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Well, that would be depending on availability and all the additional terms and conditions including a contract more than likely. Not my cup of Java. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I would guess this $25 promotion is in response to the new $25 Verizon 5G Home Internet promotion that also requires a qualifying phone plan.

I guess switching to Verizon would be an option for existing T-Mobile customers.

Yes, the Verizon $25 plan has a 10-year price guarantee, but you also must get a specific phone plan. Who knows what the costs would end up being?  And 10 years later? I could easily switch to Verizon 5G internet and phone where I live, but have no interest.  If T-Mobile fails me, I will go back to Cox.  They offered me a $20 reduction last August when I called to cancel their internet service.  They have apparently gone back into the cell phone business, too.  In the past, they had cell phone service, but it didn’t last long, as far as I remember. I’ve never been unhappy with my T-Mobile phone service, and my internet only goes out every now and then and only for a short period of time.

P.S. How come you can’t copy and paste what you write in this forum before posting?

Existing customer with Home 5G.  I called to try and activate $40 or upgrade to MAX and was told by the “expert” I would be paying more if I took the offer not less.  Has any existing customer moved to the plan?  If so how did you do it on the T-mobile site as customer service could not help.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Existing customer with Home 5G.  I called to try and activate $40 or upgrade to MAX and was told by the “expert” I would be paying more if I took the offer not less.  Has any existing customer moved to the plan?  If so how did you do it on the T-mobile site as customer service could not help.

You would pay more but would you benefit for the Max additional benefits?  Looks like many of the free or $800 off phone offers require Max.

pphw, I did think that when I first called.  Using the bill estimation and adding Netflix etc it was over the subscription costs.  Yes the “Max” data allocation and benefits was more but I did not expect a reduction from $50 to $40 per month on current plan would increase my total bill if I did not move to MAX.