Question

Any Help PLEASE for F451 Error

• 18 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Before signing up for this community I WAS NOT able to create a T-Mobile ID. I was getting a error stating email was not on there records. After NO help from tech I can here looking for help. I was able to create a T-mobile ID and they verify my email with no problem. When I try to sign into my account it asking to verify my phone from T-mobile. I got from the gateway itself so I know it is the correct number they assign to my 5G Home Internet account. I’m getting the:

Service Unavailable.

F451 : Uh-oh, it looks like we have our wires crossed. Please try again later.

Has anyone got pass this screen/error. I have tried different browsers, change all the setting if found on here and other web sites. Anyone have any other things I can try before i throw the towel in…Just don’t understand how this is still an issue….

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@RayDawnk I don’t use a user name when I log into the T-Mobile website, I use my T-Mobile gateway assigned phone number. I guess you can create a username for your account once you log in to the website. so, is you use your phone number and password you created in the beginning you should be able to log into the T-Mobile website. 

I have not seen that error message before. It looks like other people have experience the issue as well: 

Here is another thread on the topic, but a solution is included: 

Best answer by batrimmer

I had this problem when I first signed up for home internet.  It had to do with my having a very old (and long inactive) prepaid hotspot linked to my e-mail address.  I had to call Home Internet Customer Service, and they basically had to remove the e-mail address from my account.  The person on the phone couldn’t do this - they had to escalate it to someone else and call back the next day.  When they called me back, they had to manually add my e-mail (as though I had never given them an e-mail when I signed up).  After that, it worked fine.

Just make sure you call Home Internet Customer Service at 1-844-275-9310  instead of the regular customer service number.

I hope this helps!

Badge

Not sure how you use just your number, It make me use the email that was given when I received the gateway from the T-Mobile store. When I tried to create the Id I was getting an message stating the email was wrong. Contacted tech/customer service, they re-enter the email to make sure it was correct tehn told me that they are working on a fix for this issue...LOL they must been working on this for over a year now since I seeing the same issue a lot of others are having also. I finally was able to create an ID by this community forum. It now ask for the phone number to associate with my ID...LOL now I’m getting this “  F451 “ error code...Crazy this issue seem to been happening for  awhile also….Glad you where able to get your account straight but mine and a lot other still can’t get into account...I was in touch with tech/customer/twitter on this matter and getting the same answer. WE ARE WORKING on it...Was hoping for maybe something else other than, Change browsers, turn off tracking/ad blockers, drop all shields. The closet tech was getting close was telling me get a cell phone/number from them which then I wanted have any problems create/setting up or getting into my account. LOL but this going to cost me to purchase and set up an account for $35….Why do I need to spent $35. more to set up and get into my already Home Internet account. Sound like they are trying to force there cell service onto you.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The process for signing up for a T-Mobile ID when you ONLY have the internet service and NOT a phone line starts here: T-Mobile ID | Sign Up. This sign up page will take you through a registration process that does not require a phone number. 

Badge

Thank you for the reply, this doesn't work...lol even tmobile tech can't figure it out...they seen to have been working on this problem for a long long long time now. I'm just keep calling ever week. Maybe one year or two possible three years they be able to figure it out. ...not hold my breathe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Nice to know that you already started in the right place. When you call in, make sure they are filing a ticket for the inability to register. There has been an ongoing issue with the registration process for Internet only accounts, but more examples really help us identify the issue and speed things up. 

I will also be sending this conversation along. The more we talk about it, the more attention it gets. :)

I’d found a workaround to this problem, which seemed to work just fine for about 2 or 3 months; but when I tried logging into my account a couple of days ago, I discovered that it was no longer working -- yikes!

I use the Brave browser -- and without getting into everything I tried in an attempt to resolve the dreaded Error F451, I’ll just cut right to the chase. I finally reached a practical solution this very morning.

I found that with Brave’s 'Block fingerprinting' setting disabled, I am now able to successfully reach the T-Mobile login page. Moreover, I found that this will work even if trackers, ads, and cookies are not blocked within the browser. Here are the steps for Brave browser:

From the 'Customize & control Brave' menu [the so-called hamburger menu in the upper right corner]:

select 'Settings' ➤ 'Shields'

At the 'Block fingerprinting' setting near the bottom of the Shields page, click on the ▼ arrow and select 'Disabled'  (the default setting is 'Standard'

Once this is accomplished, you should be able to reach the T-Mobile login page. After logging off the site, I chose to reset Block fingerprinting back to its default.

I presume there’s a similar setting for other browsers; so hopefully this will finally provide a solution for all who have been experiencing this ridiculous error (which from what I’ve been able to find out -- ultimately was caused by T-Mobile) ..