Question

Arcadyan KVD21 Gateway Update Rollout?

Badge

I recently received a Arcadyan KVD21 Gateway running firmware 1.00.12. I see firmware version 1.00.14 is available. Since I cannot manually install the firmware, nor can I request it to be installed, what is the rollout schedule?

I’m having ridiculous reliability problems. The thing reboots on it’s own at random times. It has not had uptime of greater than 24 hours.

Trying to determine if I should cancel the service, and cough up the extra money for Xfinity or AT&T both of which I strongly dislike.

When can I feel the love tmo?

12 replies

Same… hoping firmware x14 is available and fixes reliability & perhaps added features/diagnostics before me and neighbor must end T-mo trial & resort to cable ISP.  

How are you seeing auto-reboots?  My needs are modest but I too have (so far) 1-2x/d no service (0 bars) or earlier today 3 bars displayed but no internet… then manual reboot (unplug/plug).

Badge

How are you seeing auto-reboots?

Usually while trying to work, I notice timeouts and SSH session disconnects.  Or, if I’m playing an online game, I get disconnected.  Upon, these disconnects, I walk over to the gateway, and look at the screen, it usually says powering up by the time I get there.  Afterwards, I go to the device page on the LAN, 192.168.12.1, and check the uptime; sure enough, it’s a minute or two.

Was always manually rebooting (plug/unplug) but maybe it was auto-rebooting at times and didn’t know as I just discovered the uptime counter. So many different interfaces, also just discovered a “restart your gateway” option on the T-mobile Internet app — not to be confused with the T-mobile app :relaxed:  

To original issue, just re-setup gateway but still original x12 firmware, not new x14 in case anyone was wondering.

Was always manually rebooting (plug/unplug) but maybe it was auto-rebooting at times and didn’t know as I just discovered the uptime counter.

Badge

just re-setup gateway but still original x12 firmware, not new x14 in case anyone was wondering.

It’s odd the device does not seek out the latest firmware on initial setup or factory reset.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try contacting support and see if they have the firmware available to push.  If they do, they can initiate the firmware update.  

Badge

Try contacting support and see if they have the firmware available to push.  If they do, they can initiate the firmware update.

I got a hold of someone over in T-Mobile Home Internet support today; they had me factory reset the router which seems odd given that I received the device brand new less than a week ago.

I did ask if they could possibly push the update, but representative was dodgy about that question, instead focusing on engineers doing work in my area.

Support is supposed to call me in a few hours to see how my experience has been. So far so good, but only have 27 minutes of uptime since the reset to measure against.

Firmware pushed 3a EST so now running v1.00.16 — automatic (no request) and auto-reboot from v.12 to v.16. Expected v.14, understand why they might skip v.13 but seen mention of v.14 but nothing beyond.  

Haven’t found description of new release but expecting general “improvements in speed and stability”. Anyone seeing info (link) especially of new features, please advise.  Meanwhile, comparing like times with very limited hours/testing… up/dn improved from average of 85/30 mbps to 115/44 (30% +/- faster, no stability problems so far — before nor after update).  

Badge

Same deal.  Had new firmware push out around 2:50ish AM.  I got bumped from 1.00.12 to 1.00.16 as well.  I guess we’ll see how it goes.

Received mine today and it had version 1.00.12. Did not update. Called t-mobile and they said would have to send new unit with updated firmware. 

If old firmware was the ONLY issue, sending a new gateway is a dumb (slow and expensive) way to upgrade firmware. As I and others reported here, firmware updates are done automatically over-the-air usually off-peak (3a - ish).  

Also as tech support is not dispatching these devices, wondering how they can be confident the replacement won’t also be loaded with v.12.  BTW v.12 worked for me, v.16 did improve performance.

Badge

I wish they would hurry up and update the gateway to fix this annoying issue where around 12 hours of it being on it won’t let me use the app anymore until i unplug the power and plug it back in as well as get rid of the stupid useless UI version update they came out with which makes going to 198.162.12.1 useless except to view your signal, up time, serial number, and version numbers (ui and firmware)