Question

Arcadyan White Screen of Death

Badge

Has anyone had an issue with the Arcadyan having a white/blank screen?  It is lit up, but white.  It actually came from the factory that way...even the first time using it.  Unplugging it and plugging it back in seems to fix that, and then it boots up normally.  However, sometimes it takes unplugging it and plugging it back in 5-10 times.  Time between plug-ins makes no difference.

Factory reset did nothing.  I didn't expect it to, since like I said, it came from the factory doing that out of the box.  If I let it keep going with the white screen, it does eventually boot (staying white screen), but speeds are around 1Mbps.  When it boots properly, I'm pretty happy with my 150-200 down and 150 up.  

Anyone else seen this?  Defective modem perhaps?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

That isn't good.  Personally, I would return it for a replacement. 

Badge

That isn't good.  Personally, I would return it for a replacement. 

Unfortunately, that’s what I was thinking.  Does anybody know how returns work?  I have heard different things.  Will they send me a new one, or do I have to send mine in first?  I really don’t want to be without internet for a week.

Badge

Just to note, I did get a new unit.  No issues at all.  Speed has not increased or anything, so the old one was working fine aside from the screen/power unit.  Happy to have a working unit. :)