Arkadyan firmware 1.00.18 Breaks 5G!

• 11 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I just had my 2nd Arkadyan gateway broken by firmware 1.00.18! After each update to 1.00.18, I lose all access to 5g & 4g drops down to Lowest level B12.  On 1.00.16 connected to 5G B41 & 4G B66 !  Also many of my 2.4ghz security cameras lose wifi connection & constantly go offline!

I was told yesterday by a Supervisor in Phillipines that 1.00.18 was pulled because of these issues & rest assured that I would not be receiving 1.00.18 ! Yet a few hours later my gateway was updated in the middle of the morning & now its crippled !

Badge

My KVD21 gateway just updated to 1.00.18 last night or early this morning. Functions just as well as before the update.

Recommend that you factory reset your gateway to see if the previous firmware version is restored.  Could’ve been an interruption of some sort during your update.  Worth a try.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

My KVD21 also upgraded last night to 1.00.18 and now locks on 5G band n41 and I’m getting much better download speeds than before on band n71. I agree with previous reply regarding doing factory reset,

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I have performed factory reset on both units after firmware update to 1.00.18. Even after factory update only B12 after being on B66 (1.00.16) and no 5G at all.

My 3rd Arkadyan was delivered today & also shipped with 1.00.16. I am back on B66 (4g) and N41 (5g) . What will happen to this unit if & when it gets 1.00.18?

I also started a thread on Reddit, and others too have reported the same loss of 5g after 1.00.18, yet others have also reported no issues after 1.00.18.

All I know is I am frustrated as he'll! Hoping my 3rd unit won't get fracked , but the odds are against it !

T-mobile will still charge us for their mistakes. I just switched to T from v. Same crap, same useless tech support, same shotty equipment (KDV21 home internet), that these companies know their equipment does not work and are facing monsterous losses of money if they revamp and provide us with items that work. For now they say they trying?

It is a shame.

It would probably take a class action lawsuit and many years to have something done. For now across the country we wait, trying to figure out ourselves and waist time. When they should of just stuck with 4G!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

My Arcaydia firmware was updated to 1.00.18 last Sunday and called in Sunday then again Monday on CSR insistence.  Anyway, I got my 5G back this morning.  My guess is that they had to update some access list and it takes them a week to get to it after I complain about it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Lost 5G again.

I talked to another rep this week who confirmed the tower closest to me (I know that tower) was down and is supposed to be up this week (explains why I got 5G back on Monday) and is probably down again (may explain why I lost 5G again).  So... I think the Arcaydia firmware 1.00.18 upgrade coincides with a local tower update that locks your Home Internet Gateway to only use that one specific tower for 5G.  And when that tower goes down (or when 5G gets too congested), you lose 5G and get LTE.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Update, I moved my gateway to the corner of the house closest to the tower and got 5G back.