Best Configuration for a Mesh Network Connected to the T-Mobile Internet Device?

• 2 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a Asus mesh network with a Asus GT-AX11000 and two Asus ZenWiFi xt8s connected to the TM Internet device.  I am getting good speeds from the TM modem (250-350 Mbps) which then translates to 150-250 Mbps from the mesh network.  I had the mesh network connected to a cable modem with Comcast service which I discontinued when I found I could get decent speed from TM internet.  

When I switched I made no changes to the AX11000 unit, simple plugged into the TM units ethernet port. The issue is after a few days speed from the mesh network drops dramatically (0-50Mbps) while the TM unit usually maintains good speed.  There is of course speed changes throughout the day but never as dramatic.  Should I make other configuration changes to avoid this?  Is there an optimal configuration for the mesh network? 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I have a Asus mesh network with a Asus GT-AX11000 and two Asus ZenWiFi xt8s connected to the TM Internet device.  I am getting good speeds from the TM modem (250-350 Mbps) which then translates to 150-250 Mbps from the mesh network.  I had the mesh network connected to a cable modem with Comcast service which I discontinued when I found I could get decent speed from TM internet.  

Did you ever get this fix? I am thinking about buying the  Asus ZenWiFi xt8 2 pack if they work with the T-Mobile Home Internet Gateway. I have the “trash can”

Badge

To be honest I gave up.  While the T-Mobile internet provides decent speeds it isn’t as stable as I would like for a mesh system.  I went back to comcast with a one year contract on 1 gig service while T-Mobile stabilizes their systems.  My nesh network is arrayed across 4 levels in my house.  My TV room is in the bottom level and that’s the problem.  T-Mobile would go down almost daily for 20 or 30 seconds, while not a problem with direct connections it takes upwards of 7-10 minutes to come back up with my mesh network.  Too annoying! Will tty again in a year. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thank you for the reply.