Question

Blocked number voicemails, how to retrieve

• 15 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a family member blocked that I would like to be able to hear the voicemails.  I’ve tried what TMobile told me to try, going to Voicemail, clicking the three dots in the upper right, opening settings, and clicking on blocked numbers.  Supposedly it’s “blocked numbers and messages,” but mine only shows blocked numbers.  When opening “blocked numbers,” there is nothing to click on for blocked messages.  I do know that said family member is leaving messages, so where are they and how do I find them? 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Odddodd07  I am not a voicemail expert, but I think that the phone does not discriminate between a voicemail and a phone call - they both come from the same number. Numbers are what a phone comprehends. I think that you either block or unblock calls and messages at one time from the same number. 

I hope this helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You have to go into your text message app and do about the same steps.

Badge
  1.  When I unblock the number, no messages show in messages, nor when I directly call my voicemail.  I know other phones where people actually can listen to messages left by blocked numbers.  Maybe it’s my phone.  .

1. Still nothing to tap for blocked messages in there, just blocked contacts..

Thanks for trying.  :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there @Odddodd07 Blocking a number is great to limit contact with a specific person, but it is still nice to be able to see what they are attempting to send to your phone.

What phone are you using? Whether or not your phone holds on to those and how to see them vary based on the phone.

Have you tried dialing 123 and accessing the voicemail the old-fashioned way? That system is totally outside of your phone, so even if the phone doesn't hold the voicemail, that system will have it if one was left.