can anyone help me get better upload speed

• 9 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I got the home internet being a 21 year old just moving out into the world. I only use it to game I told them that they said it would be perfect! Especially with a ethernet cable! I was lied to I’m currently sitting at 1.5 mbps for upload and it drops lower and 20-50 for downloading making gaming literally impossible! I can’t even connect to my own psn! Without the ethernet the PS5 won’t even connect to it! The PS5 say the connect far to weak to connect. I’ve call the T mobile technicians 3 times and every time I get a told that they’re gonna fix things on their end and to reboot it and then end the call with me. If I get told that a gonna im just gonna end my service, so maybe someone here can help and keep me at T mobile! 

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Welcome to TMHI. If you chose to get the TMHI royal run around keep calling them. Their CSRs are in the Philippines, their 2nd level techs are also in the Philippines. Their “Big Book of Answers” tells the CSR to claim to be your new best friend and they are going to fix everything and make your day wonderful.

Lie #1, they have no ability to fix anything besides forward you to a Philippines based tech support. Lie #2, your new best friend tech can’t access anything or fix anything. Their Big Book says to tell the poor smuck (us) that they have either forwarded your problem to a USA based tech or the catch all lie of “the tower is under maintenance or upgrade. If you go with the tower maintenance lie you will find that every single one of TMHI towers is either under maintenance or upgrade, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Every single tower on Earth.

Only after you realize you have been duped and lied too, do you then track down a USA Tech in Albuquerque and find out what the truth really is with your issues. And come up with a plan to fix it or find another Internet provider. If you actually got what you’re paying them for, you wouldn’t be trying to get help. You would be gaming right now!

Good luck!

Badge

This was my full experience! This is so sad and embarrassing for TMobile, literally word for word. He told me to get a new company and the past few month they were basically playing me! I am so pissed I’ve been pay for literally the worse “prioritized” internet they could give me. The area I’m in has so many people in it for them to get full coverage of their internet or something like that and no one told me that for months just it was either my fault or the towers fault! I hate being lied to so this made me so angry! I appreciate your service to the community with the honest. I ended my service today! I hope many people drop T mobile home internet, instead getting gaslight for months being told they are the problem! Especially with more and more people getting them! This problem going to continue getting progressively worse! The dude on the phone even told me he didn’t know when I would have decent service in my area bc they aren’t even lookin in its direction! Only going for the richer more populated areas!

Badge

Literally paying for this month simply bc a foreign lady a 2 weeks ago said she was gonna work on her side to get my internet better than hung up on me saying it will take sometime as she talked over me for the 100th time! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Domfinn,

Congratulations on your move, best of luck.

When I read your concerns, my first question would be - are you 100% sure that you used the T-mobile Internet app with the Placement tool to ensure that your gateway is in the optimum position (between you and your cell tower)? 

Here is a thread that talks about the issue and a few Youtube setup videos that can be helpful. If you signed up then your location was predetermined to be near a 5G tower. Take a look below and walkthrough the placement assistant and check your metrics to ensure you have good readings. 

Please post your results.

Best of luck!

While I hope you enjoy and are successful in life, T-Mobile Home Internet is currently a non prioritized connection. If your towers are congested or not a tower that has higher capacity load (too many people in the area) your home internet will be slowed. Mine only worked in the middle of the night i would see speeds of 300+ download and 70+ Upload, but again middle of the night when everyone is sleeping. The service in my own personal opinion is not ready for gaming.  

Badge

Yeah I have left the service, I just wish I wasn’t dupped!