Solved

Can't access system settings

Badge

Hi

I cannot access the configuration of my Arcadyan gateway in any browser. I do not have the option to write my username and password and I can only see the general status. I spoke for more than an hour with someone from technical support and he couldn't find a solution. I've already rebooted many times and done a factory reset.

Thanks for your time

icon

Best answer by iTinkeralot 28 August 2022, 18:57

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You will notice 1.00.16 as the firmware revision of the gateway. That may have been the revision where T-Mobile developers disabled the administrative access to the Arcadyan via the web interface. You can access and manage the gateway via the mobile application. You will need to download it from the “application store” and get it installed. If you did not change your passwords of course you can find those on the label on the gateway. 

Badge

thanks

I can't access my the mobile app and when I try to go through my wifi I see a connection from phone/tablet to the Arcaydan but from the Arcaydan to to globe all I have is a X . I have absolutely no idea as to what to do. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you have a cellular connection on your phone turn off the WiFi on the phone and allow it to use the cellular connection. If cellular signaling is too weak to the phone that would not be a good sign. 

You will notice 1.00.16 as the firmware revision of the gateway. That may have been the revision where T-Mobile developers disabled the administrative access to the Arcadyan via the web interface. You can access and manage the gateway via the mobile application. You will need to download it from the “application store” and get it installed. If you did not change your passwords of course you can find those on the label on the gateway. 

I've deleted the app multiple times and installed it.  All it does is tell me to go to my wifi settings and login.  And I go settings and it goes back to telling me to go to settings. 

I've deleted the app multiple times and installed it.  All it does is tell me to go to my wifi settings and login.  And I go settings and it goes back to telling me to go to settings. 

Badge

I discovered this issue as well.  unable to login using the web gui from the computer 192.168.12.1.  I verified that the firmware version I have is the same as others have mentioned 1.00.16.  I called mobile tech support to ask about it.  They know nothing and had me do a factory reset and said they want to send me a new gateway.  I told them there are multiple conversations on the community forum about this and seems to point to the firmware version.  Of course they could not provide a response to that as they had never heard of this issue.

So at this point ill see what the new gateways does but I am not expecting any different results with it.

I wanted to access it as an administrator to be able to shutoff the wifi when I add a router to it.  But you can't seem to do that with the app options as they are limited c mapped to web gui.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The mobile application for the gateway can be a bit of a challenge at times so I just avoid it. The Nokia gateway is so much better for control and configuration and web access works. The Arcadyan gateway just seems to have immature firmware and lacks quality control. 
You should check out Nater Tater’s YouTube videos as he posted some very good information on the gateway. Many users complained about the Nokia but now they have a new one to complain about. 😎 Access to configure the gateway should not be a problem and web browser access for configuration should be an option. 

Badge

Nater taters video shows script for using windows computer but not Mac. Does anyone know of a Mac version of nater taters fixes.  His video is very good if you have a windows computer.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I can’t send the scripting via the community but here is what I can provide. A screen clip. Now if it still works with the newer code on the Arcadyan gateway that might be the question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sorry that is the only way I can send you what you are looking for. I had copied that information into a file months ago after watching the Nater Tater videos. I don’t have the Arcadyan gateway so it does me no good but maybe it will help you out. You just have to put it into actual text and give it a run.

http://192.168.12.1/TMI/v1/gateway?get=all 

That should get a good bit of information for the config out via a browser IF it works with the newer firmware. Who knows maybe that is now broken as well. One minor change in directory structure and it would not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Here is a screen shot of all the text in the file. I take it you have the windows version so you can see both. All this came from the YouTube notes some time ago. According to Finder I made the file back on June 17th. This would have been before the most recent firmware update to the gateway so I have no idea if the scripting still works as it did. There might be more info on reddit in the T-Mobile subreddits but I have not been out there recently.

Badge

Thanks for the info. The gateway get all address works with the Arcadian  gateway I just tested it. And all the setup info comes up. And The Acadian is running the 1.00.16  firmware. Thanks for that. Now to try and use iMac terminal to see if I can get into the Acadian to shutoff the wifi like nater tater. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

After posting that to you I got a 404 error for the site. (Blocked) It might have been a delayed response due to trying to send you the script in text. If the get all worked I would guess the edit and transfer of the modified configuration may as well. 
interesting it went through but sure gave me fits on this end.