Question

Cellular Bands and NAT Types for PS4 Players

• 20 January 2022
  • 0 replies

Badge

I’m a new TMHI customer and am learning the ropes.  My question has to do with the different NAT Types that the PS4 “Test Internet Connection” function reports.  Depending on trashcan placement I can reliably choose between a B2/N71 connection or a B66/N41 connection.  The B2/N71 is reported as NAT Type 2 and the B66/N41 as Type 3.  I’m wondering how “true” that Type 2 reporting really is.  Some have implied that it’s not really a Type 2 connection but the PS4 just thinks it is.  Others have implied TMHI breaks things in the background and it is often game/game publisher specific as to what does and doesn’t work. I don’t know what to believe at this point.  Will I actually see a difference (in terms of functionality) between the Type 2 and Type 3 connection?  If anyone has more info to enlighten me on this subject I’d appreciate your thoughts.  As a test case I will be trying to play some online co-op Sniper Elite 4 with another PS4 player.  Bonus points if anyone can confirm that chat/multiplayer works with this particular game.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!