Question

Devices kicked off wifi constantly

• 22 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

Our gateway is kicking every device off the internet every hour or so and will not let them reconnect. On the devices, it states the internet password is incorrect (when it’s not). Other times it says we need to contact tmobile if internet issues continue. I did that and we got a new gateway. The same issue is still happening. My phone and one computer can be connected, but the Roku Tv, Samsung tv, and ring cameras are all being kicked off. 

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Kdmhelp can you help us help you diagnose the issue? How is your home network setup? Do you have the TM Gateway connected to a Wi-Fi router or do all devices connect to the Gateway? 

If you have the latter, then you might have double-NAT happening; both your wifi router AND Gateway spooling out IP addresses. You symptoms are similar. You will need to put your Wi-Fi router in “bridge mode.” This setting is usually in your settings to advanced settings. 

Let us know what happens. 

Badge

All devices connect right to the gateway. No other devices are involved 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

When the devices are connected, can you look at the IP addresses of the devices, along with the router IP? If so do the devices all have 192.168.12.1 as their router IP? Are the devices IPs similar, or are they in the 168.x.x.x range? 

And, when you use the TM Internet app, can you see your connected devices? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The gateway will automatically disconnect devices after so long of inactivity.  The easiest way to fix the reconnecting issue, is to reboot the gateway.  

Badge

The gateway will automatically disconnect devices after so long of inactivity.  The easiest way to fix the reconnecting issue, is to reboot the gateway.  

These are cameras that don’t go inactive and the TV will actively be on. We don’t have this issue with our old gateway, but this one is not letting things connect and stay connected when actively being used. I then go a the-enter the password and it tells me the password is incorrect. 

Badge

These are cameras that don’t go inactive and the TV will actively be on. We don’t have this issue with our old gateway, but this one is not letting things connect and stay connected when actively being used. I then go a the-enter the password and it tells me the password is incorrect. 

We have also done the rebooting and got a replacement gateway and still have the issue. 

Badge

When the devices are connected, can you look at the IP addresses of the devices, along with the router IP? If so do the devices all have 192.168.12.1 as their router IP? Are the devices IPs similar, or are they in the 168.x.x.x range? 

And, when you use the TM Internet app, can you see your connected devices? 

The IPs are all the same at 192.168.12.1 and the router is 192.168.12.12. 

I can see all of our devices in the app and they show as offline once they get kicked off and show as online for the small amount of time I can get them to connect.