"disconnecting" once a minute

• 6 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am getting great internet speeds, minimum of 200Mbp/s down and 100 up. But every minute or 2 it just drops to 0 for a few seconds then back up to the 200/100. Issue is once it drops to 0 everything drops, calls on apps/sites, games, phone just completely makes me turn off wifi and turn it back on, even the tmobile app just stops working if I have it on when it disconnects. 

Arcadyan KVD21 model, only have had it for 3 days. Near window, not overheating, tried resetting. 

There's also no ability to customize settings on the app, so can't change anything to help it.

Only true reason I could see for it dcing is living in the city, but that wouldn't make sense to me. Shouldn't that mean it would dc less??

Anyone else having this issue?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It might be the gateway has a power problem. If the down time is ~2 minutes that is roughly what it takes for it to reboot and initialize again. Even if it does not do a full reboot if it is not sustaining a steady power level it may be dropping the WIFI radios and trying to maintain the cellular radio. The Arcadyan does not have an internal battery like the Nokia so I doubt that is the issue. It is more than likely a problem with the power. Either contact support or take it to a local T-Mobile store and get a replacement.